PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Birddog
04-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Nearly 2 years after purchasing the frame and fork, and 2 years scavenging parts here and there, I finally took the CSi out for it's maiden voyage. I put 21 miles on it, and Ohhhhhhh what a ride. It's impossible to compare the two side by side because of the differences (Atlanta is a 54, CSi is 55, different wheels, tires etc.) Atlanta has a CF fork (Ouzo Pro), and CSi a steel one (sloping crown), but I'd have to say the steel one is smoother and more comfortable, at least at this time. That could be the wheels (Protons) and Tires (Continental Grand Prix Attack) , but nonetheless, it felt smoother. The Regal Titanio saddle was a genuine pleasure too. It'll take some getting used to the Record shifters, but I liked them so far. Not quite as smooth shifting as I expected, but perhaps some tweaking and "wear in" will solve that.
The CSi is a little "old school", with the steel fork and Cinelli Frog stem, but as dbrk would say, "why'd we fix it", it wasn't broke. So far, the only change that I think I'll make is the handlebar, the Modolo Curvissimo is a little too long in the reach, I might switch it out for a Ritchey Biomax. The components are all 02 and 03 Record except for the FSA Team issue cranks and a dura Ace headset that was on the frame. I used Isis drive with an FSA BB, and it is far superior in design to the Shimano Octalink, at least IMO. I wish we had some twisty descents around here, I'd love to test it out on some, even though I'm a descending weenie.

Later,
Birddog

Climb01742
04-24-2004, 05:29 PM
from one descending weenie to another, congrats! isn't it wonderful to hope and imagine how sweetly a frame will ride and then, once aboard, simply go "aaaahhhhhh". many happy miles to you. what color is she? i'm about to try FSA cranks for the first time. folks seem to like 'em. are you sportin' a compact front gearing? enjoy! :p

Birddog
04-24-2004, 05:45 PM
The color is Cha Ching green, the cranks are regular, but I did order some of those Nashbar super deal compacts the other day. They have not yet arrived. And yes, it is really nice to just exhale, ahhhhhhhhh, it far exceeded my expectations, I was very pleasantly surprised. BTW, this is my 2nd set of FSA, the others are Carbon Comps, I think they are great, great value too.

Birddog