PDA

View Full Version : Silca Imperio frame pump questions.

Cicli
04-08-2018, 07:15 AM
So,
I am looking at buying one of these for my rides to the middle or know where. Problem, my frame is in the middle of the medium and large size for the pump.
I measure 19.5 on my frame. Part of me says get the large and hope it fits so it fits tight. I think the medium would fit loose and possibly fall out. Thoughts?

oldpotatoe
04-08-2018, 07:30 AM
So,
I am looking at buying one of these for my rides to the middle or know where. Problem, my frame is in the middle of the medium and large size for the pump.
I measure 19.5 on my frame. Part of me says get the large and hope it fits so it fits tight. I think the medium would fit loose and possibly fall out. Thoughts?

Get the larger one and from a site where you can exchange...or even a LBS(DOH!!)...better to be tight than loose, fall out and velcro straps are ugly...

cachagua
04-08-2018, 11:27 AM
I agree, bigger is better than smaller. Also -- if you're going to put it under the top tube, look at the shape of your peg and consider drilling or re-shaping the hole in the pump's handle to engage it better. Some pump pegs have a really chancy fit.