PDA

View Full Version : New Bolt user...what software do I need ?

TBLS
04-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Have searched and read a few threads and need some help Thanks in advance for the help or direction to a thread that may have covered this

Looking at buying a Bolt to replace my power tap computer that came with my G3 wheels. Goal is to easier upload workout data rather than being limited by usb upload to pc. I currently use the power tap software and understand the phone app may support a Bolt but ratings are not good for the app.

Looking for general data like time in power zone, heart rate zones, etc and mapping of ride.

Will I need the elite/$ version of Strava or training peaks or another source?

Saw a few threads on golden cheetah but site does not list wahoo Bolt as supported device if I read correctly.

dem
04-07-2018, 11:20 AM
The ELEMNT/BOLT use generic ".FIT" file format, so they will work with anything. For instantaneous/post ride data, the default Wahoo phone app will work fine.

However, if your main criteria is "auto upload" and training purposes, there is auto-sync with Training Peaks and Today's Plan. They will also generate workouts that will play back on your BOLT.

Strava is just for entertainment really, but a free scenario could be:
Free Strava (auto-upload)
Free Wattsboard (analysis of recent rides, auto-syncs from Strava)
Free Web browser plugin: Stravistix (extended ride data)

Golden Cheetah will also download FROM Strava, so you could in theory install GC and have it sync from there. GC is very powerful and very complex, so I probably wouldn't recommend starting there. :)

Best of luck, you can really go crazy with data these days! :)

glepore
04-07-2018, 01:24 PM
GC. It IS complex and powerful. Its also free. But yeah, there's a learning curve.

There is no auto sync. I autosync bolt to Strava and then sych GC.

If you want to try something different for 10 bucks/mth, I've been playing with xert and its pretty darn good. Not perfect, but good.