PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo H0 "29-32 only"

auto_rock
04-06-2018, 06:29 PM
So got a new RD in the mail, and although Campy has finally shown up to the "wide cog" party, when I took it out of the box I noticed that there's a label on the cage that says "29-32 only".

I'm assuming, though it's not spelled out in the manual, that that means you're not supposed to run a smaller large cog.

What happens if you do though? To me it seems all that would happen is the derailleur is under less tension for that position but it still should take up the chain, since it can take up the slack from the 11-39 cross-chain...

I'm assuming it'll work but... it's campy, so who knows! Before I go down this road wondering if I should switch back to a standard cage and run the ratios I know go...

John

Cicli
04-06-2018, 06:33 PM
So got a new RD in the mail, and although Campy has finally shown up to the "wide cog" party, when I took it out of the box I noticed that there's a label on the cage that says "29-32 only".

I'm assuming, though it's not spelled out in the manual, that that means you're not supposed to run a smaller large cog.

What happens if you do though? To me it seems all that would happen is the derailleur is under less tension for that position but it still should take up the chain, since it can take up the slack from the 11-39 cross-chain...

I'm assuming it'll work but... it's campy, so who knows! Before I go down this road wondering if I should switch back to a standard cage and run the ratios I know go...

John

Sounds like they took a note from Shimanos playbook. It will be fine. Run it.

R3awak3n
04-06-2018, 06:41 PM
I agree, it will most likely run fine.

oldpotatoe
04-07-2018, 07:02 AM

John

Nothing..those pesky Italians..Just install, make sure the chain length is proper and go ride...People have been using longer cages for smaller cogs for geez...75 years....:eek: Not a der but you get the idea..way to take up chain slack.

Duende
04-07-2018, 07:18 AM
I'm actually trying to go the other route with my HO RD. Next freewheel purchase will be a 11-34!