PDA

View Full Version : Boston Area Western Suburb Ride on 10/14?

rsl
10-12-2006, 10:35 AM
The weather this weekend looks like it should be beautiful.

Anyone in the Boston area up for a Western Suburb ride saturday morning?

I'm thinking conversational pace, maybe 40-50 miles. I'll need to be back in Harvad Square by noon, but I could meet up anywhere and start early if necessary.

Post if you're interested, and if we can get some critical mass, we can plan a time, meeting place, route, etc.

:beer:

beungood
10-12-2006, 03:23 PM
where would the starting point be? start time? I am in Braintree.

Bruce K
10-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately, I'm out for this one.

I'll be at The Sunflower Revolution in Cincinnati.

Hopefully we'll get another shot at this before it snows.

BK

Hardlyrob
10-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Where and when are you thinking of riding? I'm on the north shore, but interested to see if any forumites are real / really ride bicycles etc.

Cheers!

Rob H.

Bill Bove
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Meet up in Weston Center and drop down the hill heading north out of town, turn left at the bottom (122?) and go west into the Fitchburg area. I used to love that part of town this time of year.

rsl
10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Okay, how about this:

Meet at 8:30 am in the Shaw's parking lot in Belmont (almost right across the st. from Belmont Wheelworks), and we can head out towards Lincoln, Weston, etc. from there. I'm fairly familiar with the roads out in that direction so we can piece together a route as we go.

If anybody has better suggestions of a place to meet, that's fine too.

Bill Bove
10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Allis Loop?

Not like I'm going to be there or anything, but I am getting bored with this unrelenting beautiful sunshine.

rsl
10-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, probably Allis loop and then some - out to water row perhaps.

Okay, I'm logging off - I'll be at Shaw's in Belmont at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

inGobwetrust
10-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Did this happen?

rsl
10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Did this happen?

Well, not really. I showed up as did TiDesigns. There was a Harvard team ride that left from the same area at 9 so I ended up riding out to Concord with them.

I'll keep trying to set something up!

Ti Designs
10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
The weather forcast for Saturday 10/21 is 58 degrees and sunny. If anyone is willing to brave those conditions, there will be yet another ride from the supermarket parking lot across from Wheelworks at 9:00.

shinomaster
10-22-2006, 05:03 PM
if you guys go november 15th let me know...

Ti Designs
10-24-2006, 04:04 PM
if you guys go november 15th let me know...

That's a Wednesday, there's a Harvard team ride meeting across the street from Belmont Wheelworks at 6:45AM. These morning rides are what we call "skills weeks" where we teach the new riders one skill (contact, pacelines, cornering, climbing...) per week. You're more than welcome to join in. Those rides try to get the students back to Harvard Square before 9:00. My training schedule has me on the bike for 4 hours, so I would be up for doing the Allis loop in addition - pushing nothing bigger than the 42x17.

shinomaster
10-30-2006, 01:08 AM
That's a Wednesday, there's a Harvard team ride meeting across the street from Belmont Wheelworks at 6:45AM. These morning rides are what we call "skills weeks" where we teach the new riders one skill (contact, pacelines, cornering, climbing...) per week. You're more than welcome to join in. Those rides try to get the students back to Harvard Square before 9:00. My training schedule has me on the bike for 4 hours, so I would be up for doing the Allis loop in addition - pushing nothing bigger than the 42x17.

Thanks for the invite...my mom lives in West Roxbury...far away...I'd have to wake up super early....I would die...maybe I'll stop by the shop later though.. :beer:

davids
10-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the invite...my mom lives in West Roxbury...far away...I'd have to wake up super early....I would die...maybe I'll stop by the shop later though.. :beer:
Shino,

Your Mom is pretty close to me (Dorchester.) I couldn't do a ride on 11/15, but if you're around on the weekend before or after that date, it's a possibility. Once it gets too cold, though, I pull out my mountain bike and head into the warm, cozy woods...