PDA

View Full Version : Jamis 2007 Xenith Pics anyone?

fstrthnu
10-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Does anyone have a pic or two of the 2007 Jamis Xenith Team they could post? Has anyone here ever riddend the Jamis Xenith Team and have any opinion on the bike?

Thank You,
Fstrthnu

cydewaze
10-12-2006, 07:55 AM
The only pic I have is from the huge ad in Road magazine. Sorry.

eddief
10-12-2006, 08:28 AM
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2303166#post2303166

dbrk
10-12-2006, 08:35 AM
I have ridden one of these bikes. My shopowner best pal mechanic Craig sells Jamis. This was every bit as solid and real a race bike as any for four times the cost. I liked the matte finish and there was nothing "wrong" at all with the workmanship; the geos were racer-like normal enough for hammering and it was built to its purpose with a certain attention to its goals. Basically, if I were looking for a carbon race bike (one that would likely hit the deck or only serve a few years), I'd be lovin' this Jamis. From my point of view, however, this ain't no keeper but not all bikes need to be.

dbrk

Grant McLean
10-12-2006, 08:57 AM
It's funny how sometimes they all start to look alike...

g

fstrthnu
10-12-2006, 09:12 AM
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2303166#post2303166

Wow! That looks a lot better than I expected. Thank You very much for finding this :) and thanks DBRK for the review.

Fstrthnu

Bittersweet
10-12-2006, 09:19 AM
the 9/11/06 VeloNews (Absalon cover) has a big ad for it on p22-23. Lots of technical gibberish but basic message is sub-900g, priced right.

Jason E
10-12-2006, 10:48 AM
For those that do not like clicking....

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=199959&stc=1&d=1159761023

Bittersweet
10-12-2006, 11:06 AM
For those that do not like clicking....

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=199959&stc=1&d=1159761023
Jamis web site only has the '06 model not the '07 which is I'm sure the reason that fstrthnu started this thread. He seems pretty adept at clicking.

VeloNews is behind most forum members toilet (or in it).

Jason E
10-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I wasn't dissin', yo. Just making it more convienient.

Bittersweet
10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I wasn't dissin', yo. Just making it more convienient.

The photo didn't pull up on my screen so I thought it was a reference to hard vs. electronic copy. I apologize.

Jason E
10-12-2006, 12:38 PM
The photo didn't pull up on my screen so I thought it was a reference to hard vs. electronic copy. I apologize.

Your apology makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Like spooning on the floor with my dog in the spot of the carpet that is currently in the Sun.

Thanks.

:beer:

cydewaze
10-12-2006, 02:03 PM
It's funny how sometimes they all start to look alike...

g
I like my Jamis MTB lots!

http://cydewaze.org/album/previews/imgp2100.jpg

Ray
10-12-2006, 02:11 PM
I like my Jamis MTB lots!

http://cydewaze.org/album/previews/imgp2100.jpg
I tend to like Jamis pretty well too, but I was helping a friend run an mtb race a couple of weeks ago and a guy pulled his Dakar over near my spot with a mechanical. He was having trouble figuring out what the problem was until I noticed a totally fractured chainstay. Busted clear through. When I mentioned it to the race mechanic later he said Jamis Dakars have a reputation for that happening.

Bummer.

-Ray

mike p
10-12-2006, 03:43 PM
I have a buddy thats a jamis dealer and always has their top of the line road bike. I've ridden his 06 model many times as were the same size. It was a nice race bike. Much more comfortable than my ridley Sc. Was good up and down hill and cornered fine also plenty lite. I haven't ridden a ton of carbon bikes but this was one of the better ones I've ridden.

cydewaze
10-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I tend to like Jamis pretty well too, but I was helping a friend run an mtb race a couple of weeks ago and a guy pulled his Dakar over near my spot with a mechanical. He was having trouble figuring out what the problem was until I noticed a totally fractured chainstay. Busted clear through. When I mentioned it to the race mechanic later he said Jamis Dakars have a reputation for that happening.
What year was it? They totally re-designed the entire rear suspension once they got sick of paying to use the Horst link patent. The post-Horst bikes have spindly looking chainstays.

Ray
10-13-2006, 06:27 AM
What year was it? They totally re-designed the entire rear suspension once they got sick of paying to use the Horst link patent. The post-Horst bikes have spindly looking chainstays.
No idea. So it's the NEWER ones that are breaking?

-Ray

Rapid Tourist
10-14-2006, 02:39 PM
My first road bike was a jamis. Jamis makes a great bike for the price. Probably one of the best values in pre-built bikes imho. You're not paying for anything fancy, but a well made bike with good parts from a company who cares about value.

Spicoli
10-14-2006, 08:19 PM

Bummer.

-Ray
It was almost exclusivly 05's that where breaking and they noticed the defect, fixed it and from what Ive heard sent everyone who had a problem either the 06 rear end or a new 06 frame all together with little if any question at all. Best MTB I ever had was a 99 Dragon XTR out of the box couldnt up grade a thing and fast,fast,fast! 853 Reynolds in the right combo is magical IMHO. :banana:

cydewaze
10-14-2006, 11:13 PM
No idea. So it's the NEWER ones that are breaking?
Not sure, but they abandoned the Horst link back in 02 I think, so the newer design has been around for a while. My frame is an 01 I think - last of the Horst bikes.

But if it breaks, I only paid $150 for the frame, so no huge loss.