PDA

View Full Version : What rear quick release 32h road disc brake hub

R3awak3n
03-31-2018, 02:13 PM
ufff, that was hard to write.

I am into having my builder build me a nice new 650b wheelset. The one I currently have is a rear bike hub store in the back and a SP Series 8 in the front laced to pacenti CL25... That means that those rims will probably crack (I have cracked 2 before), it could mean that I am a crappy builder or they are just crappy rims (I know of others that havre creacked them around the eyelets too so ymmv). My days of building wheels are over, I not only not enjoy it very much but they are never as nice as a pro builder (I guess this is obvious though :)).

Enough rambling, I want to leave the current wheelset built with WTB byways and the new wheelset will have babyshoe pass... all set tubular and why I want 2 wheelsets.

I have the whole wheelset planned. I have Easton Arc rims (oh my these look so nice), will be silver spokes, Sapim laser. Brass nipples of course. 32 of them. Front hub will be a SP hub, I am thinking of a series 9 SP SL. Does not generate as much power but all I need is to power a front a back light. I do have a usb charger but have noticed they don't really charge anything fast enough.

The back hub is what I am undecided on. I want something lightish and not super expensive but there does not seem to be easily available.... I have been happy with my BHS hub and looking at a bitex centerlock hub... light enough, $110. What else is out there? Shimano is cheap but its heavy, White Industries is ridiculously expensive... help? :hello:

tuscanyswe
03-31-2018, 02:19 PM
What color?

If black i would get a used 350 or 240 hub from dt. So reliable so easy to convert to whatever axles etc your next frame / project will have or the next owners frame / project..

Not really that expensive when used esp not in qr version

Be aware tho there are some version that may not be upgradable to some through axles. Certain date that i cant recall. Nobody seem to really know anyways haaha .)

R3awak3n
03-31-2018, 02:21 PM
black for sure. I will look at the 350, used would be totally fine with me.

thanks for the suggestion!

hollowgram5
03-31-2018, 02:26 PM
black for sure. I will look at the 350, used would be totally fine with me.

thanks for the suggestion!My 650b set on the vaya travel are dt350. I bought the steel fhb for it as well.

R3awak3n
03-31-2018, 02:42 PM
350 looks good, need to fin a used one.

what about hope?