PDA

View Full Version : Good Place to Rent a Road bike in San Fran?

Shortsocks
03-26-2018, 02:27 PM
Hey Folks.

Heading out to SF with the wife next week. My cousin out there wants to do one day of riding with him. I was curious if there are any locals who would suggest a good place to rent a nice Road Bike for one day?

I'd get a Rapha RCC membership to get a $25 Rental of a Canyon bike, but I live in Dallas so its kind of worthless for me to spend $200 bucks plus for that...but I am still trying to talk myself out of it. :eek:

Any Help or Shootings in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

FlashUNC
03-26-2018, 03:13 PM
What size are you?

Shortsocks
03-26-2018, 04:13 PM
What size are you?

5”9. 31 leg, around 140.
Pretty avg. def more leg/arm than torso.

Spaghetti Legs
03-26-2018, 05:54 PM
5”9. 31 leg, around 140.

Pretty sure he meant what bike size.

BITD Lombardi Sports on Polk/ (Union?) rented bikes but I think they closed down. Not sure if another place opened up there.

AngryScientist
03-26-2018, 05:58 PM
call Above Category and see if they have something in your size available for that day. then ride one of the awesome loops around Tam. it's basically the defacto standard bay area ride if you only have one to do. it's a good chance to check out one of their awesome demo "halo" bikes too.

joosttx
03-26-2018, 10:17 PM
Above Category in Sausalito rents either Mosaic road bikes or Open U.P. gravel bikes. They are pricey but they treat you very well. All you do is send them your contact points and they will have a bike dialed in waiting for you. A nice advantage for them is that you pick the bike up in Sausalito and you can avoid the junk miles of riding through the city and GGB to get to Marin where the beautiful riding is. If you are in the City what I would do is take the Ferry to Sausalito walk like two to three blocks get you bike. Change into your kit and ride...I highly recommend you ride the Alpine Dam loop.

Pelican
03-26-2018, 10:28 PM
5”9. 31 leg, around 140.

You can rent my Giant Defy. It is a Medium, so you just need to raise the saddle from my position. PM me for details. Free delivery and pickup too.

fogrider
03-26-2018, 10:32 PM
decent bikes at a reasonable price: http://www.avenuecyclery.com/rental/

Davist
03-27-2018, 05:36 AM
I used Menlo Velo in Menlo Park (down the peninsula, I know, not SF), was very pleased, $50 for an ultegra specialized tarmac. https://menlovelobicycles.com/

mmfs
03-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Not in San Fran proper, but Rivendell in Walnut Creek has lent me a bike previously when I’ve visited the area. In typical Rivendell fashion, they refused to take payment for the ‘rental’ and served ice pops upon my return. We gave them a gift certificate for a nearby restaurant and brought some stuff from them in return.

Riding up Mt Diablo would be the default ride in that area.

eddief
03-27-2018, 08:28 AM
All rent bikes. Use the Presidio one and then ride over The bridge up Conzelman into the Headlands. Take pictures.

srcarter
03-27-2018, 10:53 AM
A friend runs Black Sheep Bike Rentals. They are in the East Bay. They deliver throughout the Bay Area. Service is great (will set up to your measurements, put on right pedals, etc.). A bit pricey, but very convenient as they deliver.

https://blacksheepbikerental.com/prices