PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with S&S Coupler bike (Uniscasi)

Fuzzybird
10-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering adding a Uniscasi to my stable and I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems traveling with theirs through airport security?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Greg

Bradford
10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Two international trips with the coupled tandem so far and no problems. However, it does scare the crap out of me.

It takes a lot of practice and a little skill to get the tandem in the cases and I'm not sure the TSA folks will be able to get it in if they take it out. But, so far, no problems.

eddief
10-11-2006, 11:30 AM
three trips:

two in the US and one to Spain.

slightly dented top tube. don't know how it happened. in London the porter put my case on top of a stack on a dolly and it fell to the ground from about four feet. maybe that did it.

TSA went through it once and found CO2 in my saddle pack. Took it out, left a message, and somehow got the bike wrapped in the net back into the case.

Takes me about 30 minutes to break down or build up.

Serotta PETE
10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
TWo trips US and one Ottrott. No problems. Worked out great. Now if I could just learn to pack it in less than 90 minutes.....................

Smiley
10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
No more steel Uniscasi so this may affect your decision

weiwentg
10-11-2006, 04:00 PM
two international round trips so far. two times the morons at Northwest lost my bike, so it got shipped around a lot, and I've had a bit of paint scratched off. should have wrapped the tubes better. however, there haven't been any problems at security ... yet.