PDA

View Full Version : Tuck?

Ken Robb
03-22-2018, 02:47 PM
Hey Matt: were you named after the school or was the school named after your ancestor? I've wondered considering your location and it's a slow drizzly day in San Diego. :)

MattTuck
03-22-2018, 02:48 PM
If I told you, the mystery would be ruined.

I say that in jest, of course. Drizzle in San Diego... sounds wonderful.

My name is Matt. In 2008, when I joined the forum, I was a student at Tuck and came up with the very creative username of MattTuck. I was actually more of a regular on the cycling tech talk forum at that point, but was interested in a custom bike (and specifically, Serotta) so someone over there suggested I ask my questions on this forum, and I never really thought I'd post more than a few posts to learn about Serotta frames, so that name seemed good at the time. The vibe here was great, so I stuck around, and the rest is history.

A certain confluence of events (that I'm happy to share over a beer, or out on a ride) led me to stay around the school after I graduated, and I now work at Tuck in a research fellow type of role.

I often think about changing my username, because I originally picked it based on it being where I was going to school at the time, and that phase has sort of passed. Now it is kind of strange, like if I worked at Nestle, having the username MattNestle.

Anyway, that's my story :)

Ken Robb
03-22-2018, 03:31 PM
It's a good story and a dandy resume too!

AngryScientist
03-22-2018, 03:38 PM
i always just assumed that you fancied yourself a little more aero than your average cyclist.

https://gaffneycyclingcoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/descent-1.jpg