PDA

View Full Version : OT: Best source of online music

saab2000
10-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I have a new iPod and right now get all my tunes onto it either from iTunes or from my existing CD collection.

But I am dismayed at how much really cool stuff that I loved when I was in Europe is not available on iTunes. You can find it in the German or Italian or French section, but we are not allowed to purchase from those sections.

I can find all the latest sanitized record company crap, but not the really good obscure stuff I liked in Europe.

I want to do this legally, but I am looking for a place where I can download songs. I have heard there are sites way better than iTunes.

Any suggestions?

PS - I used to have Kazaa on my old computer, but it was kinda illegal I think. No comment on that, but I could find stuff on there which I could NEVER find anywhere else. I don't want to go down that road of illegal file sharing for a number of reasons, not least of which is that I don't want to possibly infect my computer.

csm
10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Limewire? but that might be illegal too?

big D
10-10-2006, 08:16 PM
For legal downloads go to www.allofmp3.com.

Song are around 4 to 7 cents a song.

I have found the site to be very good.

the site is in Russia.

ThasFACE
10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
For legal downloads go to www.allofmp3.com.

Song are around 4 to 7 cents a song.

I have found the site to be very good.

the site is in Russia.

Seconded. I have been happy with this site. Also, as far as I know, the site is legal... in Russia, at least. They operate under a law that allows 'performances' of songs as an exception to intellectual property violations, I believe. When they upload the songs to you it is considered an online performance and, therefore, is not necessarilly considered copying... Or this is what I hear.

Bottom line is that it is a good site and you will be able to cheaply build your ipod collection with high-quality mp3's.

Grant McLean
10-10-2006, 08:43 PM
high-quality mp3's.

What's the bit rate?

I don't download from iTunes, because 128 is way too low.

g

ThasFACE
10-10-2006, 08:56 PM
What's the bit rate?

I don't download from iTunes, because 128 is way too low.

g

You choose your bitrate, but I think that it goes as high at 320.

spiderlake
10-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Russia is getting huge pressure to shutdown allofmp3.com as part of their acceptance into the WTO. I read an article about it yesterday and would suggest getting your downloads in while you can. I have a 25 dollar credit hanging out there that I'm doing my best to use! I've been using allofmp3 and another site in Russia for a couple of years now and will miss the service.

Link to article below:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9071-2392025,00.html