PDA

View Full Version : British Serotta Cyclists

British
10-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Serotta cycling in Britain.

www.serotta.co.uk

Announcing a plan to start a not-for-profit and non-commercial website for cyclists riding Serotta bikes in Britain. A tribute to all things Serotta in Limeyland.

If any riders have any thoughts about what they might like to see in the way of features, layout, content, et.c. please feel free to drop a line to

suggestions@serotta.co.uk

happy spinning!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minor feedback clarifications.

"...cyclists riding ...*or aspiring to ride*...Serotta bikes".

One suggestion has been to have the Serotta 'S' in British Union Flag colours as the logo. Is the 'S' shape copyright? Would permission be needed?

Fixed
10-10-2006, 02:12 PM
can we visit ?
cheers

British
10-10-2006, 02:22 PM
can we visit ?
cheers

An open door policy with tea and biscuits for honoured guests :-)

Bud
10-10-2006, 07:33 PM
My wife and I visit the UK once every 12-16 months or so but we've never ridden there. Keep us posted about the site and perhaps it will motivate us to ride next time we come over.

mike p
10-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I like tea.

Mike

csm
10-10-2006, 08:12 PM
guinness for me.

Russity
10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Just to confuse the issue, does this include British Serotta owners who live outside the UK???

I'm a POM, living in sunny Melbourne, with my Ottrott ST and would love the chance to drop by for a pot of Earl Grey and a cream scone. Meat pies and a pot of VB are just fine most of the time, but you simply cannot beat the cvility of a jolly British sit down and a chin wag over the state of the weather.

Toodle pip old boy and jolly hockey sticks to your new venture.

mike p
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Just to confuse the issue, does this include British Serotta owners who live outside the UK???

I'm a POM, living in sunny Melbourne, with my Ottrott ST and would love the chance to drop by for a pot of Earl Grey and a cream scone. Meat pies and a pot of VB are just fine most of the time, but you simply cannot beat the cvility of a jolly British sit down and a chin wag over the state of the weather.

No, you have to start your own website. Breadpuddingserotta.com

Mike

Louis
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I have to believe that however you do it, this is going to be a very exclusive (read small) club...

mike p
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I have to believe that however you do it, this is going to be a very exclusive (read small) club...

exclusivebreadpuddingserotta,com

Mike

Bud
10-10-2006, 08:58 PM
I'll take a 4 n' 20 and a VB over tea and scones any day. . . :)

British
10-11-2006, 08:44 AM
One suggestion has been to have the Serotta 'S' shape in British Union flag colours as the logo. Is the 'S' shape copyright? Would permission be needed?

British
10-11-2006, 08:45 AM
guinness for me.

Dublin is within easy reach :-)

British
10-11-2006, 08:47 AM

Sounds nice. A Serotta 'family' :-)

British
10-11-2006, 08:49 AM
My wife and I visit the UK once every 12-16 months or so but we've never ridden there. Keep us posted about the site and perhaps it will motivate us to ride next time we come over.

Will do. Weather forecasts will be available. Bring your cleated wellies :-)

British
10-11-2006, 08:53 AM

You're in :beer:

British
10-11-2006, 09:00 AM
No, you have to start your own website. Breadpuddingserotta.com

Mike

Tea for two. You're both welcome :beer:

Russity
10-11-2006, 06:55 PM
I say old boy, jolly nice of you to let a whinging POM like ones good self to join this rocking horse poo-esque exclusive club.

Upon recieving the wonderful news, I have had one of my minions, "Cordell", correspond with the Groucho and tender my resignation from what is after all only a secondary establishment to this new and highly desirable club.

"May the black pudding float upon the sea of grease until pierced by the mighty fork of the fry up"

British
10-12-2006, 12:59 PM
I say old boy, jolly nice of you to let a whinging POM like ones good self to join this rocking horse poo-esque exclusive club.

Upon recieving the wonderful news, I have had one of my minions, "Cordell", correspond with the Groucho and tender my resignation from what is after all only a secondary establishment to this new and highly desirable club.

"May the black pudding float upon the sea of grease until pierced by the mighty fork of the fry up"

Is that blackpuddin.co.uk or blackpudding.co.uk?

British
10-13-2006, 01:36 PM
For anyone thinking of coming to ride in London please try not to do it like this. Mayor Ken Livingstone would not be a happy chappy, which is normal for grumpy Ken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskJsACzPWk

He's also at loggerheads with the American ambassador to Britain who refuses to pay the London traffic Congestion Charge, unlike all the other ambassadors. Tut, tut Mr. Tuttle :no: :) .

DavidK
10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
I did exactly that on my Nove one morning for kicks. Word of warning, it's bloody dangerous! Especially around Oxford Street.

Good fun though, and the bike didn't get a scratch.

Number of near misses that morning? Three, with one that would've left me dead had I not seen it in time.

It was fun doing it, but I can't see me doing it again, I much prefer the elegance of smooth riding and seeing things way in advance and not needing to take unnecessary risks.

British
10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I did exactly that on my Nove one morning for kicks. Word of warning, it's bloody dangerous! Especially around Oxford Street.

Good fun though, and the bike didn't get a scratch.

Number of near misses that morning? Three, with one that would've left me dead had I not seen it in time.

It was fun doing it, but I can't see me doing it again, I much prefer the elegance of smooth riding and seeing things way in advance and not needing to take unnecessary risks.

The first big problem would be riding on the left and turning right *across* oncoming vehicles. Keeps the mind sharp :-)

DavidK
10-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Hehe, well being a Londoner I did do it the right way around of course... straight down the middle of the road!

British
10-14-2006, 06:35 AM
More suggestions:

Have the Serotta.com website colour - blue, html colour code 336699.

Link to the Serotta.com message board.

London cycle route maps.

Cycle friendly London hotel listings.

Picture gallery.

British
10-15-2006, 06:49 AM
More suggestions:

Have the Serotta.com website colour - blue, html colour code 336699.

Link to the Serotta.com message board.

London cycle route maps.

Cycle friendly London hotel listings.

Picture gallery.

Another suggestion: a used frame/ bike classified section.

Kevan
10-15-2006, 07:21 AM
First, I just want to repeat for the thousandth time how much I love London. It is a cousin of New York City, but certainly has its own remarkable distinction.

The bicycles of London, there are so many. Granted most are utilitarian, many are simple ugly aluminium rigs, but the number of cyclists is what I enjoy. Seeing them mix it up with doubledeckers, folding up their commuters for the Underground, chained against any wrought iron fence available, they are simply everywhere. I might have seen just a few pedigrees, but most are just hack frames whether they are road, mtb, or hybrid.

My last stay was at the Hilton in Islington. That community, more than any other I stayed at, was crazy with bicycles.

With one of my colleagues, we managed to rent mtbs at Gabriel's wharf on the south side of the Thames (http://www.londonbicycle.com/index1.htm) and took a tour that brought us up and around Hyde's park and other spots. Here's a photo of the borrowed steed leaning against the gate of Buckingham Palace. I tried to stay in form, taking this photo, but I simply couldn't locate any of the palaces' garage doors.

British
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
First, I just want to repeat for the thousandth time how much I love London. It is a cousin of New York City, but certainly has its own remarkable distinction.

The bicycles of London, there are so many. Granted most are utilitarian, many are simple ugly aluminium rigs, but the number of cyclists is what I enjoy. Seeing them mix it up with doubledeckers, folding up their commuters for the Underground, chained against any wrought iron fence available, they are simply everywhere. I might have seen just a few pedigrees, but most are just hack frames whether they are road, mtb, or hybrid.

My last stay was at the Hilton in Islington. That community, more than any other I stayed at, was crazy with bicycles.

With one of my colleagues, we managed to rent mtbs at Gabriel's wharf on the south side of the Thames (http://www.londonbicycle.com/index1.htm) and took a tour that brought us up and around Hyde's park and other spots. Here's a photo of the borrowed steed leaning against the gate of Buckingham Palace. I tried to stay in form, taking this photo, but I simply couldn't locate any of the palaces' garage doors.
Nice picture. Where is Queenie?

Another suggestion is to have a regular group ride somewhere in the London area. Somewhere nice and quiet and somewhere to eat and drink. Sounds good.

British
10-19-2006, 09:11 AM
www.serotta.co.uk

OK, the plan for the site looks set for a launch in the spring, just in time for the warmer wetter weather. Can't wait. Keep the suggestions coming to suggestions@serotta.co.uk :-)