PDA

View Full Version : OT: My YouTube Debut

ti_boi
10-10-2006, 02:02 AM
Well if it is good enough for google and their billions it is good enough for me.... :cool:

Here is a little improvised song 'written' by me, sung by me to a sleepy little girl....hope you like it!

Here is my 'Channel':

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ruderocker

Kevan
10-10-2006, 06:29 AM
and I mean that in a good way. Cool.

BumbleBeeDave
10-10-2006, 07:06 AM
I think we've found the musical entertainment for Open House '07 . . . :)

BBD

ti_boi
10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
^^I am soooo there! :beer:

So, you two guys totally made my morning here!
Thanks for the feedback. :) :) :)

This was pretty impromptu here. Just set my sony digicam on the nightstand and played. The song is typical of the kind of thing I have been playing for my little one for the past 2 1/2 years and she loves music.

She is a big Dan Zanes fan! For all you parents, Dan is very, very talented and kids love his music. We are seeing him at Carnegie Hall in Nov.

I kind of went out on a limb posting this vid, because it is poorly lit and the sound is completely unbalanced, but hey, in the spirit of D.I.Y, I figure what the heck, right!? :D

Keith A
10-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Nice picking!

spiderlake
10-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Nice work! I love the YouTube revolution. Such a brilliant idea and I can only hope Google doesn't change it too much.

Let's hear some more!!

onekgguy
10-10-2006, 10:32 AM
...reminds me of how my father used to sing for my siblings and me, A Froggy Went a Courtin'...although he couldn't play guitar or sing but he did his best.

Kevin

Lincoln
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Dan Zane is great. Laurie Berkner (sp?) is OK. The new Jack Johnson Curious George CD is another good one. We are not willing to do any of the MP stuff that is out there.

Nice clip. If I sang to my little one we all would be up with nightmares.

oracle
10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
katie couric callled the merger 'goo tube' on the news last night.....

ti_boi
10-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Nice work! I love the YouTube revolution. Such a brilliant idea and I can only hope Google doesn't change it too much.

Let's hear some more!!

Hey Thanks guys...I popped a little camphone jam (really short clip--30 seconds) on my Telecaster in there yesterday and will upload another original song at lunch. I'll also load a cover of a Cure song that I used to like -- I had better lighting for those tunes. Thanks for checkin out the songs....you folks rule :cool: Two new vids probably won't be up and viewable til about 3.

Chad Engle
10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Awesome song, well done. Acoustic guitar is a beautiful thing. Have one, can't play for spit, but I sure do like hearing it live.

I second the Jack Johnson "Curious George Soundtract" for you forumites with young'uns. We love it.

ti_boi
10-11-2006, 04:54 PM
***two new ones up***

Too Tall
10-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Nice. Just caught the latest. :)

ti_boi
10-16-2006, 08:07 AM
**New vids up**

ti_boi
10-20-2006, 12:13 PM
***New Vid up today.

mosca
10-20-2006, 02:23 PM
you're gonna have to show your face eventually ;)

Cool songs, though. I like your guitar style, and I'm usually not a big fan of acoustic. Rock on!

ti_boi
10-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the comments :cool: Mosca..onekgguy....keithA...Lincoln...BumbleBeeDav e...spiderlake...chad...kevan...tootall....fellow enthusiasts... :beer: Though I have seen better mugs on a can of beer....my face/noggin is 'aero'...LOL.....but, one reason I get so close on those vids is to capture as much sound as possible from the camera's tiny built in mic.....the other is to isolate the image so the view concentrates on the song -- itis really just a little electronic sketchbook that I can share :D ....http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q33/rude_rocker/MeandtheLes.jpg

ti_boi
10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
***in the spirit of the Brit Pop thing, Oasis cover posted....P.S. I have an audition for a guitarist spot in a signed band on Thursday......and they play....Brit Rock....go figure! :rolleyes: :cool:

The cool thing is that in the process of communicating with the band and setting up the audition....(this is neato)...they were able to 'see' me ahead of time...at least in terms of the vids out there...and get a feel for my style...at least parts of it....so I'm not going in completely cold and in a sense they have been warned.

ti_boi
10-30-2006, 09:00 AM
**new Vids Up**

Solo Acoustic stuff.....ah to be old and mellow(ish)

ti_boi
11-09-2006, 09:45 PM
***New Vids Up*** Including a 'bike' song -- bicycles that is... :cool:

ti_boi
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
....Rollin Along.....a new tune I wrote today.....check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWauQRbahXs

RIHans
11-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Love the Guitar...A Les Paul...Or, am I wrong? Whatever , that is a nice piece o' wood you are playing there!

Thanks!

BTW...There was an exceptional "American Masters" about Les Paul on PBS, last month I think.

Hey, you young folk...Les Paul is THE MAN.

Modern recording of music is an offshoot of his home recordings...With Mary Ford.

Les Paul sold a lot of GOLD records...You could look it up.

ti_boi
11-03-2007, 11:37 PM
You mean this fellow? A local hero! No doubt. Thanks for the kind words.

RIHans
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Every time I see Les, I smile. ;)

I ain't that old, but Les Paul's guitars..The best. Ask them that play them.

What night is it at the Iridium...Monday?

http://www.iridiumjazzclub.com/talent.php?talent=1&month=11&year=2007

I Love Jazz, and , Errr, Les Paul

dave thompson
11-04-2007, 12:05 AM
I was a big Les Paul/Mary Ford fan in the '50s when I was mere stripling of a youth. They were a nice counterpoint to the R&R music that I listened to.

ti_boi
11-04-2007, 12:15 AM
I think that all good music has a certain timeless element -- and in the whole continuum of the art, we really haven't been making what would be considered 'popular' music for very long.....The cool thing about Les is that you can still see him at the Iridium club if you get to NYC.

http://www.iridiumjazzclub.com/

Les is the Monday act and really not to be missed.

RIHans
11-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Ergott May Have Some Input...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEvqGVV3qsA

soulspinner
11-04-2007, 04:25 AM
may life bring you many Travis Beans...

ti_boi
11-04-2007, 03:10 PM
may life bring you many Travis Beans...

Yeah those are wild. Never played one,

http://www.autohobbydigest.com/aluminum_guitars/travisbean.html

A dude in my neighborhood growing up had the Lucite guitar...pretty cool....

rounder
11-04-2007, 03:23 PM
You mean this fellow? A local hero! No doubt. Thanks for the kind words.

Great picture and you play well. I read a story about Les Paul and it said that he invented the electric guitar. From what I remember, his first guitar was basically a board (2x4??) with electronics and strings, Somebody insisted that it look more like a guitar, so he got an old guitar body and modified it so that the board would look like a "real" guitar to everyone. He went big from there.

Hi...just read the Iridium Jazz Club writeup and it discussed the whole story behind Les Paul's guitar.

rePhil
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I liked it,and I liked it even better loud!

Ray
11-05-2007, 04:13 AM
Nice!

You don't sound LIKE Petty, but I can imagine all of the TP viewing and exposure over the past week or two inspired you to write it. I can play a little (VERY little lately - just haven't been picking it up enough) but could never sing or write my way out of a barn. Must be fun. Nice guitar too - not sure where all of the discussion of Les Paul came from (didn't even realize he was still playing - he must be in his 90s by now!), but that Paul Reed Smith is a nice axe.

-Ray

Ray
11-05-2007, 04:14 AM
DP, sorry.

ti_boi
11-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Nice!

You don't sound LIKE Petty, but I can imagine all of the TP viewing and exposure over the past week or two inspired you to write it. I can play a little (VERY little lately - just haven't been picking it up enough) but could never sing or write my way out of a barn. Must be fun. Nice guitar too - not sure where all of the discussion of Les Paul came from (didn't even realize he was still playing - he must be in his 90s by now!), but that Paul Reed Smith is a nice axe.

-Ray

Hey Ray....I used to sing and play one song or two out of a whole three hour night at the clubs in the late 80's...we played a fantastic place called 'Picassos' in Bowling Green, Kentucky....made a union wage of about $150 each a night...(minus the bar tabs we ran)....since there were two of the top fraternities in the band....Lambda Chi and Sigma Nu....(I was a Nu) we packed the place whenever we played...

The lead singer and rhythm guitar player was a really talented guy named Jay Stewart....his uncle apparently produced the Eagle's album, Hotel California...Jay had a terrific picture of himself with Joe Walsh (handlebar mustache era) and Joe's arm draped around Jay when Jay was about 10 years-old. Super cool.

That band was probably the high point of my musical apex. We played one epic party at the Rugby house (a club I was in at the time) and just enjoyed the heck out of being a fixture on the club scene. We all lived in the top floor of an old victorian and rehearsed together whenever we wanted to. Looking back, I know now how amazing those years were.

Long story short, I graduated -- came back to a quiet little town on the Ohio River...and things changed. The band of brothers that i had was now only a memory and I realized that If I had a chance at enjoying music, I would have to become more self-reliant....and thus the shift from the very pleasant job of playing licks and riffs to accompany a great singer, to someone who could try to carry a tune and accompany himself....

As for the PRS, it really is a terrific instrument....I have 3 electrics....my Les Paul with an ebony neck that i bought brand new the year I was engaged and was made the year I graduated from Grad school in South Florida....a 1979 hardtail stratocaster that my guitar tech (who has been around) told me was the best playing and sounding stratocaster he has ever seen, to the PRS which possibly is the only PRS I have ever seen with a solid ebony fingerboard on the neck.

Thanks for checking in on the thread....you forumites are the coolest people on the web....one day, we'll ride together!

ti_boi
04-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Ti Boi Band.....rockin' out.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-pFktEgHKE

:banana: