PDA

View Full Version : OT-ish : Updated Paypal Policy Stuff - INTERNATIONAL FRIEND/FAM PAYMENT CHANGES!

eBAUMANN
03-17-2018, 12:33 PM
Yes, I read the new policy updates, because after the 1009-K debacle I want to know EXACTLY what paypal is up to...

Anyways, some good news on the international payment front it seems!

We’re removing the variable rate pricing for sending money to friends and family members who have PayPal accounts in a country other than the United States when you send money using PayPal balance or your bank account and introducing a new flat fee of $2.99 or $4.99 per transaction depending on the recipient’s country. However, when you send money using your credit card, debit card, or PayPal credit you will be charged the new flat fee per transaction depending on the recipient’s country + 2.9% of the transaction amount + a fixed fee based on the currency.

Paypal is one step closer to getting off my sh*t list.

tuscanyswe
03-17-2018, 12:36 PM
Thats good. It never felt great that i would be charged for giving my brother cash in NY just because i was in sweden.

Or you for that matter ha! :) good news

unterhausen
03-17-2018, 08:13 PM
I used this the other day to pay for my part of a group buy of some electronics that a guy in the UK had built at a contract assembly house. I was really impressed with it, very clean.