PDA

View Full Version : PSA: DeSalvo 57x57 Ti Frameset

Clean39T
03-15-2018, 11:37 PM
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F17 3219086518

$950 opening bid or make offer

Same gent has a complete Kish Ti gravel..

Tuscanywe???

cachagua
03-16-2018, 01:46 AM
Ohhhhh, that Kish. I oughtta be all over that, except oddly, it has less tire clearance than my caliper-brake bike from him.

Still, the fork of doom, on that thing. Speaking of forks, though, what's the fork in that De Salvo? Not an Enve, best I can see, but I'll bet someone here recognizes it?

cadence90
03-16-2018, 03:53 AM
Ohhhhh, that Kish. I oughtta be all over that, except oddly, it has less tire clearance than my caliper-brake bike from him.

Still, the fork of doom, on that thing. Speaking of forks, though, what's the fork in that De Salvo? Not an Enve, best I can see, but I'll bet someone here recognizes it?
That Kish is very beautiful, even if I don't really love the seatstay paint termination (location and orientation)...oddly mis-aligned and thus incongruent with the dt/st terminations. Still, really nice frame color/decal color combination.

But why "the fork of doom, on that thing."? That's an Igleheart steel segmented fork, I'm pretty sure. The fork has a great reputation, and Jim and Chris are friends, respect each other. Jim specs Igleheart steel forks all the time, and with purpose, so I don't get the "doom" aspect. Maybe I misunderstood something?

On the DeSalvo...Reynolds Ouzo-Pro?

cachagua
03-16-2018, 11:06 AM
That Kish is very beautiful, even if I don't really love the seatstay paint termination (location and orientation)...oddly mis-aligned and thus incongruent with the dt/st terminations. Still, really nice frame color/decal color combination.

But why "the fork of doom, on that thing."? That's an Igleheart steel segmented fork, I'm pretty sure. The fork has a great reputation, and Jim and Chris are friends, respect each other. Jim specs Igleheart steel forks all the time, and with purpose, so I don't get the "doom" aspect. Maybe I misunderstood something?

No, I meant "fork of doom" in a GOOD way! I have that same fork on my steel Kish and I wouldn't have anything else. I've got another on my IF. I can see how that phrase could have a very different meaning, though, if we were talking about, say, the cast aluminum forks from '70s Lamberts or the like... but in this case I mean it strictly as a compliment.

Clean39T
03-16-2018, 11:22 AM

Looks like it to me.

cachagua
03-17-2018, 12:50 AM
And, a bid on the Kish. Is it one of us?

(it ain't me)

paredown
03-17-2018, 06:44 AM
I like that Desalvo--staring at it daily. My size too. But I want a travel bike, and it is expensive to chop a titanium frame...

VoyTirando
03-17-2018, 07:31 PM
I wrote the seller as I was interested for a moment. He wrote back and sent more pics. It's 57 c-c square, has room for 25c and possibly 28c. I would ride it with 27 or 28c but not wanting to take a chance so....

JLQ
04-10-2018, 06:48 AM
That Kish is back up on ebay. Same seller. Just saw the same happen with a CX Gunnar I was watching. Gravel buyers remorse or something stranger?