PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps my stupidest all time thread

MattTuck
03-15-2018, 07:04 PM
If you were a lurker here, (and optionally, if your name was Ed) the best username would be EddyLerckx

Just had to put it out there.

Clean39T
03-15-2018, 07:15 PM
If you were a lurker here, (and optionally, if your name was Ed) the best username would be EddyLerckx

Huzzah!

Louis
03-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Slow evening in the Upper Valley? ;)

MattTuck
03-15-2018, 07:32 PM

You can't come up with a username like that every day... we were out at dinner with Jenn's mom. The name just came to me out of nowhere. I was way too pleased with myself for such a minor moment of spontaneous creativity.

tv_vt
03-15-2018, 07:32 PM
Yeah, we're snowed in big-time in the UV. Surprised Matt even got out of his driveway.

Speaking of Eddy, he was once asked why he named his son Axel, and he replied, it's better than calling him Dropout. :cool:

MattTuck
03-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Yeah, we're snowed in big-time in the UV. Surprised Matt even got out of his driveway.

Speaking of Eddy, he was once asked why he named his son Axel, and he replied, it's better than calling him a dropout. :cool:

Indeed it is pretty bad. I was out riding last Sunday, and the roads were pretty much free of salt, all the roadside snow had melted in most places, so roads were pretty dry. and was getting excited

Then we had 3 nor'easters...

velotrack
03-15-2018, 08:21 PM
I created my username on a whim to sign up for a local fixed gear forum probably sometime in early high school. So... I've been using it since. Don't love it, but what can you do?

:fight:

eBAUMANN
03-15-2018, 08:31 PM
My cat is named Eddy Purrckx.
True story.

BlueFly
03-15-2018, 08:38 PM
True story.

That is adorable! How ‘bout a pic?

jtakeda
03-15-2018, 08:59 PM
True story.

My cat is named Bethany but she might as well be named
sheddy purrckx

Frickin hair everywhere

Louis
03-15-2018, 08:59 PM

EP isn't mine, but a quick online search found these:

https://img0.etsystatic.com/021/1/5421899/il_340x270.475708408_i6gj.jpg

http://tenspeedhero.com/wp-content/uploads/BlutiniRight-294x235.jpg

MattTuck
03-15-2018, 09:07 PM
True story.

This makes me smile.

eBAUMANN
03-15-2018, 10:14 PM

how bout 160?

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/eddypurrckx/

;)

Louis
03-15-2018, 10:23 PM
how bout 160?

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/eddypurrckx/

;)

Wow, Eddy's life has been well-documented. What's his friend's name? Anquetil?

eBAUMANN
03-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Wow, Eddy's life has been well-documented. What's his friend's name? Anquetil?

Sven Mys, actually ;)

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/svenmys

Louis
03-15-2018, 10:36 PM
Ha!

Looks like they get along very well. That's always fun.

The shredded roll of tp was quite amusing. Abby my orange tabby (may he rest in peace) discovered the tp back when I had it with the squares coming off the top. Of course that led to a huge pile of unrolled tp, so I flipped it so it fed out the bottom. He quickly tired of the game when nothing came off and left it alone. My current two (Nyx and Nellie) aren't as big trouble-makers as Abby used to be, so they don't mess with it, but I still keep it oriented to feed off the bottom as one of the little ways I remember him.

FlashUNC
03-15-2018, 10:49 PM
You may want to stick to the charts comparing Monument wins across eras.

cadence90
03-15-2018, 11:04 PM

I see what Matt did there. Given you-allses weather over/up there, right now he really wants to be EddyTurks(andCaicos).

Or, he wants a job at PLF, so that he can be EddyWerkcx. Mods, can you help a brother out?

Yep, that's right: :rolleyes: and double :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:banana:

bironi
03-15-2018, 11:08 PM
sheddy purrckx

Frickin hair everywhere

Now, That I can relate to.
I ride pretty slowly now days.
I can spend most of my ride time on quiet roads removing long white cat hairs from my dark blue wool jersey.

rousseau
03-15-2018, 11:43 PM
Whoa, the wit-o-meter is off the charts with this one.

True story.

sheddy purrckx

Frickin hair everywhere
Maybe an eccentric cat close to using up his or her nine lives could be named Deadly Quirckx.

I see what Matt did there. Given you-allses weather over/up there, right now he really wants to be EddyTurks(andCaicos).

Or, he wants a job at PLF, so that he can be EddyWerkcx. Mods, can you help a brother out?
Of course, if he turned out to be a lousy employee you might as well call him Eddy Shirckx.

What about a religiously devout Scottish lover of breakfast cereal? Shreddie Kirckx.

A guy who tries to get his wife/girlfriend to ride with him in matching kit? His and Herckx.

I'll get me coat...

cachagua
03-16-2018, 12:34 AM
This just made all the nine-year-oldness over handlebar tape flex and the aerodynamics of ceramic bearings worthwhile.

choke
03-16-2018, 12:53 AM
If someone has a silly grin does that make him Eddy Smirkx?

cadence90
03-16-2018, 01:14 AM
Of course, if he turned out to be a lousy employee you might as well call him Eddy Shirckx.

What about a religiously devout Scottish lover of breakfast cereal? Shreddie Kirckx.

A guy who tries to get his wife/girlfriend to ride with him in matching kit? His and Herckx.

I'll get me coat...
I have only two words for this post:
Sha Po.

:)

If someone has a silly grin does that make him Eddy Smirkx?
Sure, but, if that certain someone's s-e-grin really gets under your skin...Eddy Irckx.

:banana: