PDA

View Full Version : MAAP ships stateside +15% off

makoti
03-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Maybe this should go in the classifieds, but MAAP is now shipping from the US. So free shipping on orders over $100 ( so if you buy 2/3's of a jersey, it's free to ship) & 15% off with MAAPspring15 until the 21st.
I've been meaning to try another pair of their shorts. I got one pair and the fit was fantastic, but the pad was, well, odd. Looked almost like a prototype (bought used). Never really comfortable for a long ride. All the pads now look great & my GF got a set she loves. Having to buy from AU to get new always stopped me, but might just be out of excuses.
EDIT: I think they have free returns in the US, too, so sizing issues are moot. Just return it if it doesn't fit!

dbnm
03-14-2018, 09:44 PM
I've been holding off too. Until now!

:)

chiasticon
03-15-2018, 05:20 AM
So free shipping on orders over $100 ( so if you buy 2/3's of a jersey, it's free to ship).post of the day. :p

but thanks for the heads-up. been wanting to get some of their stuff for a while now...

Web1111a
03-15-2018, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I had not heard of them

What do you find makes these special?

makoti
03-15-2018, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I had not heard of them

What do you find makes these special?

The fit of the bibs was fantastic. Compression without being over the top with it. They just disappeared on me when riding. Except for that pad. I don't know what to make of it. It was a decent pad, but not a comfortable fabric covering & the edges looked like what you might find in an early Performance short, visible foam, basic stitching. IOW, NOTHING like what the pad in my GF's bibs look like, so I'm going to try them again. She loves hers, too.

fignon's barber
03-15-2018, 08:16 AM
$245 for the bibs? $170 jersey? I respect everyone has a preference, but personally I don't see the value.

denapista
03-15-2018, 09:34 AM
MAAP bibs have some of the best compression out there.

That being said, the jersey didn't wick well in LA weather. It would get sweaty and stay sweaty... Getting anything out of my jersey was a full on task, due to the items being stuck via the sweat and moisture.

A close friend gave the exact review I did about the jersey.