PDA

View Full Version : New Specialized Cranks/PM - praxis rings?

batman1425
03-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Sure looks like the big S is using re-labeled praxis buzz rings on their (made by 4iii) power meter cranks.

http://www.velonews.com/2018/03/bikes-and-tech/first-look-gallery-specialized-s-works-tarmac-disc_459531

rnhood
03-14-2018, 01:34 PM
4iii isn't making the cranks. They make the power meter, which is apparently bonded to the standard S-works crank arms. I'm pretty sure the Spec factory in Thailand probably makes the crank arms and spider, although I'm not certain on this. And the rings, I'm not sure who makes their rings, past or present. The original S-works rings that came on my bike were junk. They went through several subsequent iterations and I suspect they are fine now. But once I put Shimano rings on my bike, I never looked back.

That Tarmac is a great looking bike. At 14 & 3/4 pounds it might not be the lightest bike out there, but it's probably lot lighter than most carbon bikes marketed by the big players. In fact that Specialized disc Tarmac is probably a lot lighter than most competitor's rim brake models.

Edit: Yes, I just read the rings are made by Praxis.