PDA

View Full Version : A good day...

Speedi Pig
04-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Today, I'm 39, and it was a good day because:

(1) I took the day off from work so I could go watch the Tour de Georgia

(2) Where I took the attached with my new digital camera...see attached. Hope the images aren't too big.

(3) Saw Bob Roll.

(4) Saw Cheryl Crow (I think)...some might not consider this a highlight.

(5) Saw LA, Super Mario et al of course.

(6) Ran into the manager from my LBS who told me that the Serotta Stork (the UPS man) delivered my baby (new Legend Ti). I'm psyched!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

vaxn8r
04-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Ahh,

Now that is a good day. After waiting weeks and weeks and you finally get the call. What could be better?

The day my Tetra came in last month (the second time it came in I should say as the first time there was a paint error) I went right down at lunch and the owner and I opened up the box together. He told me he'd have it built up the next day. I figured that meant working late so I went by after work/closing and sure enough he's there starting to work on it and the two of us built it up...no interruptions...no other customers. What a blast!

dbrk
04-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Joy to you! And a happy birthday!

You had pretty much the ideal day: watching the great ones and then getting your new bike?

Thanks for the photos too. Nicely done.

dbrk

gasman
04-23-2004, 11:18 PM
What a great day ! It could only be better if had been able to ride your new bike.
Congratulations. :D

Kevin
04-24-2004, 05:10 AM
Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a "great" day, not just a "good" day.

Kevin

Climb01742
04-24-2004, 05:18 AM
what, no pix of cheryl? come on, speedi, priorities!!!! in your first photo, look at the racer in the burnt orange jersey to the left of lance--check out the look on his face as he sees lance. great shots. thanks. you're a lucky camper, what a great day. enjoy your new bundle of joy. :banana:

Speedi Pig
04-24-2004, 06:11 AM
The rider in orange is with Jittery Joe's (aka The Bean Team), a D3 team that competes nationally but is based out of Athens, GA.

Here's what happened with Cheryl...

One of the guys near me had done an excellent job with some road art: an American flag plus "GO," "EKI" (for Ekimov), "GH" (for Hincapie), and "LANCE." On the second climb, about 5 minutes before the racers, one of the official cars comes by, stops at the road art (about even with me), backs-up a few feet, and a woman leans out of the window with a small camera to take pictures of the road. She then announced that there was a solo break with a solo chaser and the peleton was :40 back from the chase. As the car drove off, someone said, "that was Cheryl Crow," and I thought, "damn, I think it was."

va rider
04-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Please go back and snag a picture of Sheryl!

Climb01742
04-24-2004, 03:21 PM
yes! speedi become a papparazzi on a bike! track s/cheryl down! you've teased us, now deliver! please, please, please... :banana:

bulliedawg
04-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Speedi:

You and I must have been within fifty feet if each other on Woody Gap. It was awsome seeing those guys come by twice! Shook hands with Bobke! When I get my photos developed, I'll see about reducing the size and posting.

Speedi Pig
04-25-2004, 06:20 AM
Hey Bullie,

I was on the right side of the road for the racers just inside 200 meters from the Woody KOM. Found me a nice perchup on the bank that was not obstructed by bushes or trees.

Right now, I'm about to get some breakfast and head up to the gaps for a ride. After, I may stop by Alpharetta and see the end of the race.

BTW, I stopped by my LBS yesterday afternoon to visit with my new frame for a few minutes. They said they would be building it up Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: