PDA

View Full Version : Who won part 2

coylifut
10-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Trebon puts the spank on, and wins by a 1/2 minute. Wow.

shinomaster
10-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm seeing double again.. Did you see this ha ha funny picture?
http://toovanillaforyou.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_toovanillaforyou_archive.html

shinomaster
10-08-2006, 07:45 PM
oh yeah, what happened to Katie Compton, I thought that she was racing this weekend? Did she lose her mojo?

BumbleBeeDave
10-08-2006, 08:46 PM
. . . what the heck happened to that guy's NOSE?!?!

BBD

stevep
10-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Trebon puts the spank on, and wins by a 1/2 minute. Wow.

he did. they were together w/ 1/2 lap to go and tim hooked a gate and crashed.
good race, though.

coylifut
10-08-2006, 09:01 PM
. . . what the heck happened to that guy's NOSE?!?!

BBD

are you talking about Wicks? Tree-Farm's nose looks normal, but I havent seen him in a while.

shinomaster
10-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Men with big noses have big mojo...buzz off..

atmo
10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
stevep-issimo is my new best friend atmo.
go bob downs, john ireland, amos, tyler,
and andy ruiz too. ccb rocks my world.

shinomaster
10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
stevep-issimo is my new best friend atmo

What kind of nose does he have?

atmo
10-08-2006, 09:10 PM
What kind of nose does he have?
he has the best nose for talent in north america atmo.
scroo all others. stevep knows bike racing. stevep is bike
racing yo. eddy merckx is the stevep of bike racers atmo.
il migliore. imho-issimo atmo.

shinomaster
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Good times! :beer: :beer:

Bruce K
10-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Tim's crash was one of the more spectacular ones I've seen.

He hooked the gate and the bike stopped dead. Tim did a Superman imitation over the bars.

He was lucky it was right at the pit entrance so he could pick up the bike and immediately get a new one.

He's also lucky he's still in one piece.

Before that, he and Trebon were duking it out pretty good. Excellent strategy by Trebon as Tim seemed to be doing most of the work and Trebon did most of the hiding from the sea breeze.

The women's final sprint was pretty amazing with Georgia knoicking off Lynne by a bike legth.

BK

PS - pretty good forum attendance. I saw atmo/e-richie, obtuse/the jerk, stevep, 92degrees, 39 cross, and Zanc. No William or the Effin' cross bike - bummer.

shinomaster
10-08-2006, 09:43 PM

He hooked the gate and the bike stopped dead. Tim did a Superman imitation over the bars.

He was lucky it was right at the pit entrance so he could pick up the bike and immediately get a new one.

Before that, he and Trebon were duking it out pretty good. Excellent strategy by Trebon as Tim seemed to be doing most of the work and Trebon did most of the hiding from the sea breeze.

The women's final sprint was pretty amazing with Georgia knoicking off Lynne by a bike legth.

BK

PS - pretty good forum attendance. I saw atmo/e-richie, obtuse/the jerk, stevep, 92degrees, 39 cross, and Zanc. No William or the Effin' cross bike - bummer.

I might race my sorry *** at Plymouth...who is coming?

coylifut
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM

BK

I don't think that gets much of a draft behind anyone. Yes. It's always good strategy to sit behind the guy with "locale" knowledge.

Bruce K
10-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Shino;

I might be at Plymouth.

Plans are still up in the air.

BK

stevep
10-09-2006, 07:31 AM
the gloucester races were interesting to watch.
race #1. the 2 kona boys and tim j were long gone by the first time out of the winding trails at the start of the course. race over. wicks helped treborn some but w/ a couple of laps to go it was tim and ryan...mano a mano.
treborn busted him w/ maybe 1/2 lap to go and rode in solo. nice ride.
tims fitness is great for the first time in 5 years, nowhere on the course for tim to use his technical skills to put pressure on the big man. there were only 2 guys in the race for the win.
race #2. hope was that 2nd day someone could be a factor in addition to these 2/3. jesse anthony tried to get to these guys but blew trying. craig was never in the picture. mark m almost got there at the end but was not with these guys early, etc, etc,. the thought was someone/ anyone up front could help put some pressure on treborn. was not to be. wicks was gone early and again it was mano a mano. tim attacked a bunch of times, had to push the envelope a little to get advantage, got caught on the fence and that was that. good race.
we will see these 2 duke it out all season as they are head and shoulders above the rest of these guys... race conditions will favor one or the other and will make a difference in the results. would have been good to have a fit page in there for variety though. would have helped the cause.
also note,. i think horner finished something like 12th. again he passed a lot of guys as he did start in the big jam. hes not going to win a big race but i bet at some point you will see him on the podium.
also note treborns strength is his weakness at big time cross, in europe it is not possible to get isolated instantly like it is here. there is too much talent and they race too hard. thus ryan will never get the hands on pounding that is necessary to have success in europe unless he goes there early and stays for a season ala page.
we get to see, i guess.

coylifut
10-09-2006, 11:49 AM
gotta agree with the below points. it looks like tree-farm is riding like 2004. in 2005, he broke his wrist in August and had a very up and down year. I haven't heard if he's planning on going to Europe again in November of this year, but I doubt it. I think he and Wicks prefer racing MTBs in the summer and then doing the domestic cross scene. Going to Belgium to be a full time crosser looks like a real uphill battle for any American and I don't think it would benefit his sponsor. I tip my hat to Page for slogging it out in 10th place year in and year out.

the gloucester races were interesting to watch.
race #1. the 2 kona boys and tim j were long gone by the first time out of the winding trails at the start of the course. race over. wicks helped treborn some but w/ a couple of laps to go it was tim and ryan...mano a mano.
treborn busted him w/ maybe 1/2 lap to go and rode in solo. nice ride.
tims fitness is great for the first time in 5 years, nowhere on the course for tim to use his technical skills to put pressure on the big man. there were only 2 guys in the race for the win.
race #2. hope was that 2nd day someone could be a factor in addition to these 2/3. jesse anthony tried to get to these guys but blew trying. craig was never in the picture. mark m almost got there at the end but was not with these guys early, etc, etc,. the thought was someone/ anyone up front could help put some pressure on treborn. was not to be. wicks was gone early and again it was mano a mano. tim attacked a bunch of times, had to push the envelope a little to get advantage, got caught on the fence and that was that. good race.
we will see these 2 duke it out all season as they are head and shoulders above the rest of these guys... race conditions will favor one or the other and will make a difference in the results. would have been good to have a fit page in there for variety though. would have helped the cause.
also note,. i think horner finished something like 12th. again he passed a lot of guys as he did start in the big jam. hes not going to win a big race but i bet at some point you will see him on the podium.
also note treborns strength is his weakness at big time cross, in europe it is not possible to get isolated instantly like it is here. there is too much talent and they race too hard. thus ryan will never get the hands on pounding that is necessary to have success in europe unless he goes there early and stays for a season ala page.
we get to see, i guess.