PDA

View Full Version : Tickdoc...Andrew this is for us brother!

Dave B
03-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Recently there was a thread regarding Mustangs and TD’s desire to pick up a new Bullitt Mustang. There were pros and cons about the car and I know a lot of you are very pro euro cars for their handling and other fancy schmancy reasons. Ok, all well and good as there are tremendous cars, BMW, Porsche, etc, but there must be a few of us around here in the dark corners who have callouses on our knuckles from dragging them on the ground as we long for pure unadulterated (in Jeremy Clarkson’s voice) POWER.

So I sent TD a PM absolutely encouraging him to get the ‘Stang as I was about to realize a dream and get my own, not a Bullitt though. It has another name.

Andrew, here she is. It might not turn as well, but I will have time as I will have gotten there well ahead. :D

Plus the noise scares the batteries out of eco-friendly options. ;)

Andy sti
03-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Must post exhaust video!!

Awesome car.

Dave B
03-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Must post exhaust video!!

Awesome car.

Funny story. My beautiful wife and I got home after getting it to surprise the kids. So my wife runs to the restroom, which shares a wall with the back of the garage.

While in there I started the car in the garage, heard a scream and then laughter.

My wife comes out crying as she is laughing so hardsaying the sound literally scared the $h!t out of her.

So yeah I’ll get the clip up at some point.

Tickdoc
03-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Oh my. Want to hear.

So stoked for you and that is gorgeous.

I’m still waiting for official bullitt news.

Might as well open an account at tire rack now!

AngryScientist
03-06-2018, 06:55 PM
cool dave. no reason to apologize for fun, irrational decisions, we all make them :)

how many pedals does this car have?

SpeedyChix
03-06-2018, 07:00 PM
n i c e

Dave B
03-06-2018, 07:04 PM
cool dave. no reason to apologize for fun, irrational decisions, we all make them :)

how many pedals does this car have?

oh absolutely a passion decision. This was a boyhood dream car...I still haven’t grown up.

Oh it is a proper 3 pedal car, only way they come. :banana:

binxnyrwarrsoul
03-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Nice.

Peter P.
03-06-2018, 07:08 PM
I'm not that much of a car buff but after the original thread, I got interested in the MOVIE Bullitt.

It's been said the car chase scene is the best ever on film.

So I rented the DVD from the library last weekend.

Spoiler alert: Don't read on if you want to watch the movie.

I don't get it: Was the real gangster/informant trying to flee the country and avoid both the hit on him AND testifying?

P.S. Since the original thread I've been looking for late model Mustangs. Just so happens I parked next to a recent model Shelby Mustang today at McDonalds. What's so special about the new edition?

AngryScientist
03-06-2018, 07:08 PM
excellent. 2 doors, 3 pedals. rock and roll.

gasman
03-06-2018, 07:11 PM
Looks great ! Enjoy the heck out of it !

Oh and set aside some coin for speeding tickets:eek:

FlashUNC
03-06-2018, 07:18 PM
I'm not that much of a car buff but after the original thread, I got interested in the MOVIE Bullitt.

It's been said the car chase scene is the best ever on film.

So I rented the DVD from the library last weekend.

Spoiler alert: Don't read on if you want to watch the movie.

I don't get it: Was the real gangster/informant trying to flee the country and avoid both the hit on him AND testifying?

P.S. Since the original thread I've been looking for late model Mustangs. Just so happens I parked next to a recent model Shelby Mustang today at McDonalds. What's so special about the new edition?

Yes, the informant was trying to have it both ways, set up with the cash, hide out from the mob under the law's watch long enough to swap places with some other poor schmuck he bumps off, take his identity and get the heck outta dodge.

Also car chase.