PDA

View Full Version : C59 mechanical, electrical, or both?

jischr
03-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Bit of a dilemma. I just bought a C59 of the bay with the description of both mechanical and electrical capable. I sent the frame SN into Colnago to ensure it isn’t a fake and they stated it was electrical only. The frame has two gusseted cable entries on the downtube by the head tube, a pair of plastic tubes on the bottom of the BB which I presumed were cable guides, and a cable bracket on the right chain stay. It has a round hole on the left side of the top tube and a plug on the front right of the down tube by the derailleur bracket. Is it both or just electrical? What do I look for to be definitive? I really don't want the cost of electrical since I have what I need to build it mechanical.

Thanks

oldpotatoe
03-06-2018, 08:22 AM
Bit of a dilemma. I just bought a C59 of the bay with the description of both mechanical and electrical capable. I sent the frame SN into Colnago to ensure it isn’t a fake and they stated it was electrical only. The frame has two gusseted cable entries on the downtube by the head tube, a pair of plastic tubes on the bottom of the BB which I presumed were cable guides, and a cable bracket on the right chain stay. It has a round hole on the left side of the top tube and a plug on the front right of the down tube by the derailleur bracket. Is it both or just electrical? What do I look for to be definitive? I really don't want the cost of electrical since I have what I need to build it mechanical.

Thanks

A cable stop of just a hole? Pix? If just a hole...does 4mm der housing slide in w/o stopping?

lhuerta
03-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Bit of a dilemma. I just bought a C59 of the bay with the description of both mechanical and electrical capable. I sent the frame SN into Colnago to ensure it isn’t a fake and they stated it was electrical only.

If Colnago confirmed than why not take them at their word? The C59 electric only frames do one and not the other, or both. Looks like u will be upgrading to electric soon.... :)

Blown Reek
03-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Early, first gen C59 were electronic only, with appropriate holes, w/o the stops and such for mechanical.

Correct with what elder spud said - i think it was 2012 to 2013 maybe 14 - frames came in mech OR electric and then they came in dual.

Posted 12/8/2015.