PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Hollowgram Spiders + Campy

rain dogs
03-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Maybe a crank with too many variables?

True or false. There is a critical difference with Cannondale spiders for Campagnolo rings in the 135mm variant - 10speed and 11 speed AND you cannot use 10spd rings on the 11 speed spider nor 11 speed rings on the 10 speed spider. Something about 2011 cut-off?

True? False?

:confused:

I know.... just get a spidering, but I have a LOT of unused chainrings... :help:

hollowgram5
03-04-2018, 11:44 AM
I've got one with SR11 rings. From what I remember they were designed for use with 11s rings but I don't know why you couldn't run 10s rings on them.

Maybe I'll throw up a picture later.

Kontact
03-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Are you talking about Campy factory chainrings? I think you're referring to how the hidden chainring bolt hole is not located at the same BCD as the rest. This happened with the move to 11, but I don't know if it was all Campy cranks. And I'm not sure if you are asking a Hollowgram question or a Campy question.

FYI, if you end up with the one crank or the other, the 11 speed will run on 10 speed rings and vice versa. So if you end up with the "wrong" crank it wouldn't be that big a deal to just mount the proper rings.