PDA

View Full Version : Kask and glasses

Johnnysmooth
03-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Have Kask helmet I really like and love Rudy glasses but the two are not very compatible (Rudy's long arms on Rydon interfere with helmet so I actually cut the arms down a bit to fit).

Have had these Rudy's for well over a decade and lens are going so looking into a new set of glasses that will better match up with helmet.

FYI relatively narrow face so prefer smaller glasses, like those with lots of peripheral vision for MTB and are photo chromatic.

Suggestions?

Veloo
03-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Which helmet? I have the Mojito. Great fit but that rear retention system is too big and bulky. Totally gets in the way and pushes my glasses forward. Tried a few things and it still shifts the glasses around.

Never found a way to make it work. The Helmet is way cheaper than my glasses so I wasn't going to modify them.

Bentley
03-03-2018, 07:05 PM
I wear Oakley Jawbreakers or Radars and I wear the Kask Protone.

djdj
03-03-2018, 07:14 PM
Different Kask helmets have different retention systems. I have a Mojito that is a few years old and is not compatible with straight sunglass temples like the Oakleys. But it works fine if the temple has a slight downward curve.

berserk87
03-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Yeah, this is the bummer about the Kask Mojito. Great helmet but one pair of my shades doesn't play nice with it (Oakley something-or-other). My Smith Pivlocks work well though.

huck*this
03-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Wear the Kask Protone with a cycling cap 95% of the time and wear the Rapha Pro team glasses. I feel like I am not wearing any glasses at all.

muz
03-03-2018, 10:27 PM
Same here. I had Kask NT50 that didn't work with my Oakleys, but Protone work fine.

fmradio516
03-04-2018, 06:17 AM
Same problem here with a mojito but its the only helmet that doesnt look like an egg on my dome, so.... fashion over function. :banana:

Johnnysmooth
03-04-2018, 09:32 AM
It's the Giro version of the Kask Mojito and that head retention system in rear is less than ideal.

Have owned Oakley's in past but not a big fan as their glasses tend to fall apart to plastic pivot of arms and their warranty is spotty at best.

Thanks for suggestions

PNW
03-04-2018, 10:24 AM
I wear a Protone with Oakley Jawbreakers and they work perfectly together. I did used to have radars and those did not work with the Protone very well. The jawbreaker arms don’t go too far back which is helpful.

charliedid
03-04-2018, 10:34 AM
I ride both Protone and Mojito.

I prefer the Protone fit and yes glasses fit better. The trick I found with the Mojito is to adjust the retention strap knob higher on the back of my head resulting in my glasses fitting better.

d_douglas
03-04-2018, 12:04 PM
I bought a Kask Rex for $50 CAD on a whim yesterday as a local EBike shop had a few on blowout. Such a nice MTB helmet and I had wanted one for a while but $250 was too rich for me. Not sure how they sold it for $50, but they did and it came with all the paperwork, box etc so it was a score.

I actually popped off the visor and rode with it in the aft on the road. It looked stupid but is comfy as heck. I had Oakley Jawbreakers on and they actually butter up right against the top of the helmet - not interfering, but close.

jwess1234
03-04-2018, 09:25 PM
For what it's worth, the Radarlocks go back pretty far to the Protone (medium) retention system. I just pop them over the top of the retention system and they sit there perfectly!