Joe mamma said knock you out...

stevep
10-07-2006, 05:50 PM
treborn
johnson maybe 8 seconds
wicks maybe 20 seconds
craig maybe another 20 seconds
unofficial time gaps but that was the finish

top 3 were away by 25 seconds halfway through the first lap. was over. they towers teed off on time over and over.
a totally dry course was like a crit course. played to the giant men.
treborn looked very strong for sure.
tim needs some mud, ice, more technical course.
good race for sure

bcm119
10-07-2006, 06:41 PM
sure, blame it on the nice weather... ;) ;)

coylifut
10-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I remember a certain warning (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=21163&highlight=gloucester)

what is that, 3 Oregonians in the top 4. Face it, the best cross racers live out west these days.

shinomaster
10-07-2006, 07:32 PM
What's up with Wendy from River city riding so well this year?

shinomaster
10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=cross/2006/oct06/gloucester061

Tonkin beat Chris Horner...ha ha ha..

coylifut
10-07-2006, 07:36 PM
What's up with Wendy from River city riding so well this year?

she's just that good and has made a commitment to be so. in my book, she won star crossed

shinomaster
10-07-2006, 07:38 PM
That's cool, I think she used to race mountain bikes a few years back...I think she is almost 40 so that's pretty groovy.

roman meal
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
our Haitian friends put up a good show. Quite a ride from Port au Prince.

stevep
10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=cross/2006/oct06/gloucester061

Tonkin beat Chris Horner...ha ha ha..

no defence of horner but he had zero uci points so he started at the very back, he passed a lot of guys out there.

did not look too bad to me.

stevep
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
sure, blame it on the nice weather... ;) ;)

never blamed anything on the weather. was just describing the conditions.
good race for the big guys, would say nothing different...
but, boys, the season is not over after one big race...i am told by people who know.

coylifut
10-07-2006, 08:03 PM
never blamed anything on the weather. was just describing the conditions.
good race for the big guys, would say nothing different...
but, boys, the season is not over after one big race...i am told by people who know.

It's all good natured smack talk. Trebon seems to be able to hold form for a long time. Johnson will win the first slog and bog. However, it looks like his only chance will be in Portland in late November where he gives up all of his home field advantage and faces a very flat and non technical course. I don't know what the CO courses look like, but I'm guessing they won't be mudy. The Seattle race will be on a sand based track. It's not stacking up very well for TJ, but he's a winner so we'll see. Maybe he'll win nats.

1centaur
10-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Agree with stevep on Horner. He rolled into the middle of the race and raced comfortably lap after lap. He seems to be getting what he wants out of it at this point.

I've been one day out of two for each of the last 3 years and this was the best men's race I've seen. Those three just stuck like glue to each other for 45 minutes, with a pass here and there and no massive strain on their faces but clearly without the ability to pull away, the tension building. It was the huge gap from those three to the second group that was too bad, and the clumping of the second group for such a long time.

As for the dry course - after last year's snow I was just happy to feel warm at Fort Point, for once.

BTW, cross fans, why do so many fans bring dogs? I kinda like it but I'm trying to figure out if it's emblematic of 'cross culture.

Louis
10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
our Haitian friends put up a good show. Quite a ride from Port au Prince.
RM,

More details please.... (I'm originally from Haiti.)

Edit: I just found the results:

86 Desgranges Dufaide (Hai) Aigle Rouge
87 Patrick Morrissey (USA) NMBRA
88 Kyle Douglas (Can) 3 Rox Racing/Scott
89 Adam Sullivan (USA) Caster's Majik Coffee p/b Apex Tech Group
90 Jason White (USA) ATA Cycle / Giant
91 Scott Kelly (Can) Freewheel Cycle/Opus/McMaster Cycling
92 Nuna Ancellotti (Hai) Aigle Rouge
Amazing. It's been a while since I've lived down there, but as best I know, there is zero competitive cycling in Haiti, and very, very few guys who ride recreationally. However, you want to ride an MTB there are some mountain footpaths with climbs that will absolutely knock you socks of.

Aigle Noir (black eagle) is a local soccer team in P-au-P, maybe the Aigle Rouge is related to that...

Louis

coylifut
10-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Agree with stevep on Horner. He rolled into the middle of the race and raced comfortably lap after lap. He seems to be getting what he wants out of it at this point.

I've been one day out of two for each of the last 3 years and this was the best men's race I've seen. Those three just stuck like glue to each other for 45 minutes, with a pass here and there and no massive strain on their faces but clearly without the ability to pull away, the tension building. It was the huge gap from those three to the second group that was too bad, and the clumping of the second group for such a long time.

As for the dry course - after last year's snow I was just happy to feel warm at Fort Point, for once.

BTW, cross fans, why do so many fans bring dogs? I kinda like it but I'm trying to figure out if it's emblematic of 'cross culture.

cross is the most family friendly of all cycling disciplines. Dogs are part of the family.

shinomaster
10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
cross is the most family friendly of all cycling disciplines. Dogs are part of the family.

Unless they get loose on Mt Tabor...

stevep
10-07-2006, 09:53 PM
RM,

More details please.... (I'm originally from Haiti.)

Edit: I just found the results:

[
Louis

the haitian guys gave it a go anyway.
it looked like they hd never done cross before...dont know for sure but they were probably 3-4 laps down... finished though.
i will look more carefully tomorrow and report. i think they were on regular road bikes which were actually suitable for the criterium today.

shinomaster
10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Soo....who will win tomorrow?