PDA

View Full Version : ...

cadence90
02-28-2018, 08:23 PM
.... ..

echappist
02-28-2018, 09:15 PM
February 28 February 2018 - 4 March 2018.
Apeldoorn, Netherlands.

Who else is following?
Any tips for good (US) television/online streaming viewing options?

http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/methode_image/2018/02/28/Ciclismo/Foto%20Ciclismo%20-%20Trattate/d291cd13680803ff56091c6099dde449_169_l.jpg?v=20180 2282207

as with the spring classics, Eurosport is the way to go

fightinirish92
02-28-2018, 09:41 PM
Just watched today’s replay on the nbc ‘olympic’ channel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cadence90
02-28-2018, 09:49 PM
.... ..

cadence90
02-28-2018, 09:52 PM
.... ..

echappist
02-28-2018, 10:14 PM
Oh, track WC is on ES too? I'm signing up! Thanks very much. https://forums.thepaceline.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

Yessir, and available on demand, too

cadence90
02-28-2018, 10:35 PM
.... ..

Anarchist
02-28-2018, 10:43 PM
YouTube

Day 1 is already up.

cadence90
02-28-2018, 10:50 PM
.... ..

ultraman6970
02-28-2018, 11:13 PM
cycling torrent.

cadence90
02-28-2018, 11:27 PM
.... ..

Anarchist
02-28-2018, 11:35 PM
Is there a specific YouTube channel?

All I'm seeing are those incredible annoying fake spam channels.

I know nothing about YouTube to be honest. I just go to YouTube in my web browser, type in “Uci track cycling 2018” and there it is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nsLHQT-1ujI

My kids despair of my lack of ability.

Edit: my daughter tells me it is the UCI channel, then she laughed at me.

echappist
03-01-2018, 12:02 AM
J, do you have a link for the $36/year subscription you mentioned? I am on the Eurosport site right now but it says: "Sorry, Eurosport Player is not available in this country." I am in California; you are in the US too, correct?

Thanks.

You need a VPN first. VPN let you pretend that you are in another country (UK in this case)

Then you can access Eurosport. The cost is more like $40, as the $36 is the price to the Irish site, but VPN to Ireland is slow. These VPN would let you watch programming from other countries (e.g. DFB Pokal provided by ARD in Terra Tedesca, Giro from RAI, etc.). I use VPN Nord, which is $99 for 3 years; others use Private Internet Access (PIA).

What is?

it's a torrent site for members only, where members can download bike races via a peer-to-peer network. Enrollment is currently closed, unfortunately.

cadence90
03-01-2018, 01:29 AM
.... ..

cadence90
03-01-2018, 01:33 AM
.... ..

ptourkin
03-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Oh crap. So I need this VPN at $99/3 years ($33/year possible?) + the $40 Eurosport subscription? :eek:

The NBC GOLD cycling plan deal at $30 is much better than that, for me.

Fine, I guess, because that is all Greek to me anyway.

Thanks for the help in any case. Appreciate it.

If you use a VPN to change your country you can use the UCI YouTube. I highly recommend popping for Eurosport though. The coverage is great.

Also, go Jen Valente!

William
03-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Can you please ask your daughter to kindly help you and me both? :)

Because that link you provided is no bueno in the USA, and I am finding nothing at all. There is an official UCI Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel/search?query=2018+track+world+championships) but there are no replays of the Track WCs there yet.

The NBC GOLD cycling plan deal at $30 is much better than that, for me.

NBC had the feed shut down. Same experience with the Olympics, found great coverage on the OBS channel of the downhill and Nordic combined and watched the coverage all evening. The next day I tried to pull it up again and got the same not available to upload message.

William

nooneline
03-01-2018, 10:42 AM
When the live stream isn't up yet, you can follow the live timing here:
http://tissottiming.com/2018/ctrwch/en-us/Default/

You can see the schedule of events, too, by downloading it from the drop-down in the upper right.

USA has sent a pretty big and strong team - team sprint combo of maddie godby and mandy marquart set a sea level PR, and the team pursuit qualified first. rumor has it that chloe dygert was on the front for the final 6.5 laps of that, which is stunning: expect her to repeat her IP championship. Last year in Hong Kong, she was a few tenths of a second off a world record pace - the WR was set by Sarah Hammer, at altitude, so the ability to even come close at sea level is pretty stunning. I wonder if she'll get close again - or even set a new WR - this year. The track isn't blazing fast or anything but it wasn't in Hong Kong for the WCs last year, either.

Netherlands has come out swinging pretty hard, with a gold and silver in the team sprint. Plus, Kirsten Wild's win in the scratch was not unexpected but it was a pretty stunning win nonetheless, a very dynamic last ten laps or so, super exciting. She's definitely on form, no big surprise there. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what Valente can do against her in the omnium.

A few surprises about who did and didn't advance in the men's keirin - the second round and the final should be pretty dang exciting.

Looking forward to seeing if Kristina Vogel can continue her reign of terror, too - she won the team sprint, and won (i think) every World Cup sprint event she entered this year. Though in the sprint, she qualified third behind Stephanie Morton and Pauline Grabosch - we'll see what the tournament holds.

Anarchist
03-01-2018, 10:53 AM
NBC had the feed shut down. Same experience with the Olympics, found great coverage on the OBS channel of the downhill and Nordic combined and watched the coverage all evening. The next day I tried to pull it up again and got the same not available to upload message.

William

Can you please ask your daughter to kindly help you and me both? :)

Because that link you provided is no bueno in the USA, and I am finding nothing at all. There is an official UCI Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel/search?query=2018+track+world+championships) but there are no replays of the Track WCs there yet.

Well, that sucks.

I guess that is why I can watch - not in US.

Sorry.

ptourkin
03-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Well, that sucks.

I guess that is why I can watch - not in US.

Sorry.

As stated previously, there is a live feed at times and the replays always on the UCI YouTube. You can't see it in the US because NBC has the rights, whether they actually show it or not. Use a free VPN and watch from another country.

choke
03-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Oh crap. So I need this VPN at $99/3 years ($33/year possible?) + the $40 Eurosport subscription? :eek:
You can buy one month VPN access for $10 here - https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en That will let you watch the UCI Channel....just set the VPN to Canada and you're good to go.

FWIW I've been using VPN Unlimited for over a year and I am very happy with it. When I did research on VPNs it was consistently high rated.

jruhlen1980
03-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Yeah there's like a million VPNs out there. Don't get a free one because there's always a sinister reason they're free. I use Mullvad and it more or less has good speeds. Also it's a good idea to have one to protect privacy, especially if you're on an unsecured public network, or you just don't like your ISP selling your information.

Anyway, back to track - I watched the women's team sprint and Chloe Dygart basically pulled the entire team to gold. A-1 Stud! It was cool to watch.

nooneline
03-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Yeah there's like a million VPNs out there. Don't get a free one because there's always a sinister reason they're free. I use Mullvad and it more or less has good speeds. Also it's a good idea to have one to protect privacy, especially if you're on an unsecured public network, or you just don't like your ISP selling your information.

Anyway, back to track - I watched the women's team sprint and Chloe Dygart basically pulled the entire team to gold. A-1 Stud! It was cool to watch.

Dygert is on the team pursuit squad. team sprint is godby/marquart.

bikinchris
03-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Channel 624 on DirecTv.

echappist
03-01-2018, 05:07 PM

exactly this. one has to be cynical. if you aren't sure what the product is, you are the product

nooneline
03-03-2018, 11:22 AM
When the live stream isn't up yet, you can follow the live timing here:
http://tissottiming.com/2018/ctrwch/en-us/Default/

You can see the schedule of events, too, by downloading it from the drop-down in the upper right.

USA has sent a pretty big and strong team - team sprint combo of maddie godby and mandy marquart set a sea level PR, and the team pursuit qualified first. rumor has it that chloe dygert was on the front for the final 6.5 laps of that, which is stunning: expect her to repeat her IP championship. Last year in Hong Kong, she was a few tenths of a second off a world record pace - the WR was set by Sarah Hammer, at altitude, so the ability to even come close at sea level is pretty stunning. I wonder if she'll get close again - or even set a new WR - this year. The track isn't blazing fast or anything but it wasn't in Hong Kong for the WCs last year, either.

Netherlands has come out swinging pretty hard, with a gold and silver in the team sprint. Plus, Kirsten Wild's win in the scratch was not unexpected but it was a pretty stunning win nonetheless, a very dynamic last ten laps or so, super exciting. She's definitely on form, no big surprise there. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what Valente can do against her in the omnium.

A few surprises about who did and didn't advance in the men's keirin - the second round and the final should be pretty dang exciting.

Looking forward to seeing if Kristina Vogel can continue her reign of terror, too - she won the team sprint, and won (i think) every World Cup sprint event she entered this year. Though in the sprint, she qualified third behind Stephanie Morton and Pauline Grabosch - we'll see what the tournament holds.

bonkers - Dygert just set a new World Record in the IP with a 3.20.072 - taking 2 seconds off of Sarah Hammer's previous record. Hammer's was set at altitude; Apeldoorn is at sea level and not a particularly fast track. She is only 21 and on her way to being an absolutely legendary talent.

echappist
03-03-2018, 09:38 PM
bonkers - Dygert just set a new World Record in the IP with a 3.20.072 - taking 2 seconds off of Sarah Hammer's previous record. Hammer's was set at altitude; Apeldoorn is at sea level and not a particularly fast track. She is only 21 and on her way to being an absolutely legendary talent.

That was absurd! She overtook the Road ITT World Champ with half of the race still left to go. Even more impressive is that she beat the world record set during qualifying earlier in the day. It's now 3.20.060.