PDA

View Full Version : Report: Fitting at Belmont Wheelworks

FlaRider
04-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Many of you may recall my post a few weeks back asking for a fitter recommendation at Belmont Wheelworks. Well, last week I has a fitting session with Scott Fader. It could not have gone any better. Although he is quite young (mid-30s), he has an enormous amount of experience. After a bit of experimentation, he was about to dial in my position perfectly on the Size Cycle. He then set up a couple of demo bikes to mimic the position on the size cycle in order to confirm that the position he suggested actually felt good on the bike, which it did! In six years of serious riding, I have never felt so comfortable and powerful on the bike. Kudos to Scott and the fine people at Wheelworks. BTW, I ordered a Legend Ti from Scott to show my appreciation :)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Matt Barkley
04-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Just a question: Why would one want someone older than Scott Fader (mid-30s) to fit you? In honor of Too Tall's B-day I ask this question. I'd rather have someone, regardless of age, who understands riding and how to fit someone on a bike. Older fitters (with less or more experience) or who came late to cycling have a different perspective on fit compared to fitters who have been around cycling their whole lives. (My obsevation.) Amount of experience is important - but you can still be a poor fitter with alot of experience.

FlaRider - Glad you had a good fit. :)