PDA

View Full Version : Carogna Remover

kgreene10
02-23-2018, 11:40 PM
I’ve been a critic of Carogna tubular tape that failed miserably with three applications by me and a pro tour mechanic under the guidance of the company owner and US distributor.

But credit where credit is due - Carogna tubular glue remover is amazing! I have attacked tubular glue with every implement and chemical in the garage. All with limited success, huge time investments, and enough cursing to make a sailor blush. Nevermore, I say! Carogna remover is like a magic runny strawberry jello that melts tubular glue overnight. It turns into sort of a thick Vaseline and can be scraped off easily with a plastic tire lever. Just awesome.

In fact, the glue becomes so moveable that I experienced a small problem I never expected with tubular glue. I had a hard time keeping bits of gelled up glue from falling into the spoke holes.

lhuerta
02-24-2018, 12:47 AM
+1.....not cheap, but works unlike any other glue remover and with minimal elbow grease required

etu
02-24-2018, 09:03 AM
removing the glue, even with goo gone, etc. has been discouraging as of late. definitely will try this.
thanks for the tip!

oldpotatoe
02-24-2018, 09:27 AM
I’ve been a critic of Carogna tubular tape that failed miserably with three applications by me and a pro tour mechanic under the guidance of the company owner and US distributor.

But credit where credit is due - Carogna tubular glue remover is amazing! I have attacked tubular glue with every implement and chemical in the garage. All with limited success, huge time investments, and enough cursing to make a sailor blush. Nevermore, I say! Carogna remover is like a magic runny strawberry jello that melts tubular glue overnight. It turns into sort of a thick Vaseline and can be scraped off easily with a plastic tire lever. Just awesome.

In fact, the glue becomes so moveable that I experienced a small problem I never expected with tubular glue. I had a hard time keeping bits of gelled up glue from falling into the spoke holes.

Thanks..tried glue-gone with poor results..my tubulars wheels are old-ish, not a bad idea to remove some of the big chunks next couple of flats/tires I change. Just ordered some..not cheap, is it?

02-24-2018, 11:27 AM
Another +1. And it's not cheap but it's so much more efficient that you use a lot less. And it really does work fast. Time is money.

chiasticon
02-24-2018, 12:31 PM
100% agreed. it's incredible stuff. take your rims back to brand new. occasionally, I've had to do a couple applications of it, if the glue is particularly gnarly. but even then, it's just a light coat in a few choice spots.

it's not cheap, but it's totally worth it for removing about 90% of the elbow grease and time required for total glue removal.