PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Merckx Carbon quality

bcartos3023
02-20-2018, 11:24 AM
I have always loved Eddy Merckx bicycles, I own Currently steel and one carbon. As of the mid part of last year I bought my first to carbon road bike and yes it’s a Merckx Mourenx 69. I have Ridden other carbon bikes for a very short period but never owned one until currently. The quality of his carbon bikes are absolutely amazing and very expensive. I have slowly started to notice more and more Merckx bikes in the local peloton and that’s a good thing. The groups seemed to be dominated by specialize giant laPierre Etc. etc. all which have their certain charm .

djg21
02-20-2018, 11:40 AM
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/international/2017/06/23/renowned-belgian-brands-ridley-merckx-merge#.WoxdaopOnmo

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3017/eddy-merckx-cycles-saved-thanks-to-acquisition-by-ridley

Kontact
02-20-2018, 12:06 PM
Whose name brand, high end carbon frame is not "high quality"?

pasadena
02-20-2018, 01:34 PM
I have always loved Eddy Merckx bicycles, I own Currently steel and one carbon. As of the mid part of last year I bought my first to carbon road bike and yes it’s a Merckx Mourenx 69. I have Ridden other carbon bikes for a very short period but never owned one until currently. The quality of his carbon bikes are absolutely amazing and very expensive. I have slowly started to notice more and more Merckx bikes in the local peloton and that’s a good thing. The groups seemed to be dominated by specialize giant laPierre Etc. etc. all which have their certain charm .

I used to own a Merckx MXM and it was one of my favorites. Kind of regret selling it.

All do have their pluses but I agree, it's nice to see the Merckx name out there.

KJMUNC
02-20-2018, 01:36 PM
I own a EMX-5 and it's as good as I've seen with any others as far as being stiff and light (for a 60cm size). then again, it is basically just a thinly veiled Pinarello Paris. Believe Merckx just rebadges other folks stuff with minor modifications, or at least that's how they did for their older carbon stuff. Neither good/bad, just reality for most so I don't see quality being substantially better/worse than most any of the other Asian-made brands.