PDA

View Full Version : Boston Cross racing? In November..

shinomaster
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I may be back home in the first few weeks of November..I'm toying with the idea of bringing my bike and trying to race against the gentrified New Englanders.. Are there races near by those weeks? Good ones? I hate to miss the Grand Prix at Hillsboro but I may to eat turkey with my mom.

Obtuse, will you give me a ride to a race? Can I borrow your wheels?

atmo
10-05-2006, 01:56 PM
http://www.bikereg.com/events/Default.asp?et=2&rg=1

BumbleBeeDave
10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
PM BruceK . . . he is in Gloucester, knows a lot of people in the local cross scene, and will most likely know about all the events, both official and otherwise!

BBD

zank
10-05-2006, 02:06 PM
November is an awesome month for cross. There is the epic Verge NECCS weekend of Chainbiter and Cycle-Smart November 4th and 5th. Then, the following weekend is UNH and Putney. Putney is one of THE classics on the New England calender. Brockton is the same day as Putney, which is certainly closer to Boston. But man, Putney is just...well...Putney. Plymouth and Lowell are the following weekend. Plymouth is the birth place of New England cross. Extend your stay to do that one.

So yes, there are some AWESOME races in November. Some of the classics.

shinomaster
10-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Hmm. What kind of liscense do I need? I have an OBRA liscence....that is good for C's..
A race in Brockton has no C field only B's. Could I race it?

shinomaster
10-05-2006, 02:09 PM
What is the date for Plymouth?

Fixed
10-05-2006, 02:28 PM
bro sorry this o.t. but do you cats know if super old bro ned o. races cross

zank
10-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Fixed, I have not seen his name on a results sheet in many years.

Shino, Plymouth is November 18th. These are all USCF races. Does an OBRA license also get you into USCF races?