PDA

View Full Version : Planning bike rides for next year

Smiley
10-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Got my S & S travel case ordered and I want to plan to visit Forumites next year . So aside from the Serotta Open House event planned hopefully for 2007 what else should I put on my calender .

Would like to ride with the Dirt Digger crowd as we'll the NC contingent and the West coast guys too. Help me travel in 2007 ? Ideas please

Bud
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
It might spur those of us in this area to plan a high country get-together.

Ken Robb
10-05-2006, 11:12 AM
the weather on the coast in San Diego is almost always great for riding. The mountains inland are occasionally snowy in winter and can be pretty hot and dry in summer. You might want to plan a trip here for fall when it's perfect everywhere day after day. Failing that, plan to come here when you can't stand it there since our worst is still pretty good.

I can probably hook you up with some sailing too.

Tailwinds
10-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, Smiley, come to the Rockies.

Bradford
10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes, Smiley, come to the Rockies.

Yes, yes, come to the Rockeis. :banana:

I think we have critical mass for a Coloradottrot ride next year. If Tailwinds, Bud, or Telenick can find us some sweet routes, we are set.

Tailwinds
10-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes, yes, come to the Rockeis. :banana:

I think we have critical mass for a Coloradottrot ride next year. If Tailwinds, Bud, or Telenick can find us some sweet routes, we are set.

I think there are "a few" decent routes we can show you. :rolleyes:

Bud
10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I think there are "a few" decent routes we can show you. :rolleyes:

Yes, I can think of one or two. . . :cool:

There must be about 8 or so of us (active) forumites in this general area? We do need to get together sometime.

dave thompson
10-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Smiley:

Join my wife and I in Italy!

NicaDog
10-06-2006, 12:01 AM
How about a morning ride this Sunday out of Boulder? We've been talking about it for some time now. It would be good to meet you all before it gets too cold.

Easy ride to Jamestown or more if folks wanted.

Skrawny
10-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I've been trying to drum-up support for a California version of Nottrot, but never got very far. Unfortunately, however, I cannot host it...

...but I do know some great rides here in SF!

-s

Bradford
10-06-2006, 04:30 PM
How about a morning ride this Sunday out of Boulder? We've been talking about it for some time now. It would be good to meet you all before it gets too cold.

I'd love to, but I out of all group rides until the baby gets a little bigger and the pressure on the wife eases off a bit. My Saturdays and Sundays are devoted to diaper duty until the spring.

But, after the little one grows a bit, I'm in.

Bud
10-07-2006, 10:10 AM

I'd love to as well, but this weekend is full as I'm preparing for a conference next week in ID. Maybe two weeks from now if the weather's good.

Kevan
10-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Showed me a terrific time up in the mountains north of LA. I think they enjoy showing off their playground. I had a wonderful time.

Gotta get myself to the Portland area, ride with Shino, and stop by a little builder's shop there and add my name to their list.

Sandy
10-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Showed me a terrific time up in the mountains north of LA. I think they enjoy showing off their playground. I had a wonderful time.

Gotta get myself to the Portland area, ride with Shino, and stop by a little builder's shop there and add my name to their list.

Kevan promised to show me a terrific time in the woods near his home. Wisely, I declined!! :rolleyes: :)

Smart Sandy

Kevan
10-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Burmese tiger trap I dug and prepd.

Sandy,

Would you join me in my cellar? I have some sherry I'd like to share with you. But I understand if you're too tired.

keno
10-08-2006, 07:13 AM
the two of us in Giza. Hear they've got some great climbs. On second thought, may not be the best choice for me. How about Jerusalem?

keno

BumbleBeeDave
10-08-2006, 11:42 AM
There are tons of really beautiful rides in this area that were never touched upon at the open house gatherings. Many of them are even close to Saratoga . . . Sacandaga Lake, Lake Luzerne and Hadley, Lake George, and scads of routes to the west and southwest of my home in Schenectady. You could ride everyday here for a week and never duplicate a great route or any of the roads you've already done at Open House. I have piles of cue sheets from all the counties around here. I always grab an extra when I go on a group ride and file them away. I'd be glad to make some copies for you.

And Sandy, I'd be very wary of joining Kevan for that drink in the basement . . . If you get there and he has a hole dug in the floor, don't believe him when he tells you it's just where he dumps his used chain cleaner . . . :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

BBD

Serotta PETE
10-08-2006, 12:00 PM
yes come to NC BUT I also have my S&S case and plenty of time to travel wherever I can get an invite..(Yes I will get the red also)

;)

Ginger
10-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Smiley,
You really should make a point to get to Douglas's part of the world. The Finger Lakes area has beautiful roads and Douglas plots out some wonderful routes.

If Douglas is kind enough to host another get together sometime in the future, make a point to go.

manet
10-08-2006, 12:56 PM
for bike handling skills JC is the place

Kevan
10-08-2006, 03:11 PM
And Sandy, I'd be very wary of joining Kevan for that drink in the basement . . . If you get there and he has a hole dug in the floor, don't believe him when he tells you it's just where he dumps his used chain cleaner . . . :eek: ;) :rolleyes: BBD

I'm through with digging holes as I said. But I do have some masonry requiring repair.