PDA

View Full Version : OT-Sorta, downloading images for posts

oldpotatoe
02-17-2018, 08:29 AM
I used to type 'image of' up at the top of Chrome..got a bunch of pictures, then drag down, 'save page as'..save to desktop, then load to paceline..cannot do that anymore..why? And how to find an image and then download it? I can still get loads of images but no mas, 'save page as' to desktop.

Grazie-'puter idiot.

hollowgram5
02-17-2018, 08:54 AM
So are you wanting to save just the image or the entire page? Mac or Windows PC?

On some images, especially when looking for a Trek tattoo to take to your local artist for replication. I typically right-click and save the image as to my desktop.

I then turn around and upload back to the site. Often, I'll use Imgur and upload the photo there before sharing it on the forum. I don't typically use the "upload an image link" option hosted by the forum.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but i tried. :banana::hello:

oldpotatoe
02-17-2018, 09:08 AM
So are you wanting to save just the image or the entire page? Mac or Windows PC?

On some images, especially when looking for a Trek tattoo to take to your local artist for replication. I typically right-click and save the image as to my desktop.

I then turn around and upload back to the site. Often, I'll use Imgur and upload the photo there before sharing it on the forum. I don't typically use the "upload an image link" option hosted by the forum.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but i tried. :banana::hello:

Mac..I used to be able to 'save image as' and to the desktop but can't do that anymore..(?) If I 'save image as'..then to desktop and try to upload to paceline, get 'invalid file'...

Gummee
02-17-2018, 09:21 AM
I've always used 'copy image location' when I run across pics I want to include in a forum post. Then [ I] and [ /i] to get em to post inline

No space between the brackets and the I

HTH

M

rwsaunders
02-17-2018, 09:25 AM
Perhaps try a hosting service such as Imgur where you save the image to Imgur, then copy and paste a link to Paceline. Keeps the server space tidy and when you want to pull the image, you can either modify the link on Paceline or delete the image on Imgur. No fees at this point.

oldpotatoe
02-17-2018, 09:27 AM
I've always used 'copy image location' when I run across pics I want to include in a forum post. Then [ I] and [ /i] to get em to post inline

No space between the brackets and the I

HTH

M

I think I figured out how..

FlashUNC
02-17-2018, 09:27 AM
It's not you:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/02/internet-rages-after-google-removes-view-image-button-bowing-to-getty/

oldpotatoe
02-17-2018, 09:34 AM
It's not you:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/02/internet-rages-after-google-removes-view-image-button-bowing-to-getty/

Figured it out(whew!!)
I can still search for images..then 'save page to' desktop but it's now a file..open file, drag image to desktop, then upload..got much more cumbersome..thanks mr google.

cadence90
02-17-2018, 04:56 PM