PDA

View Full Version : bikes

pdxmech13
10-04-2006, 10:47 PM
The inter-bike thread is absolutely hilarious. Lets all really look at the fact. Bicycling is more main stream than ever and it's evident in daily reading, movies, tv, and culture. I really don't care much about nuthin as long as folks are improving thier lives by enjoying something as wonderful as riding a frigin bike.

The amazing thing to me is an industry that laid so dormat all these years and that most of us loved is now being exploited and commercialized because it's cool and neat and yada yada yada. However much I dislike the idea, one thing remains the same and that's how cool a bike is.

One thing that I do laugh at is how much a single object (d's bike) can stir up so many emotions and opinions.

it is many things and most don't and never will understand.

This one's for those who toil :beer:

Jason E
10-04-2006, 10:53 PM
I agree that is a good and rambling post, but it would be nice to see some of the good Doctor's other pics from the show. Surely he has more pics then just that of Dario's Pollack.

(Don't call me "Shirley".)

Ginger
10-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Last night I worked late and pulled in the drive around 11pm. There, waiting just outside the back door like a pup wanting in was an old three speed Mongomery Ward Open Road girls 3 speed bike.

I don't know where it came from or why. It isn't lyrical. Chrome is peeling off the rusty fenders, it needs a wheel truing, tires, tubes, and brake pads. But I brought it in and I'll clean it up and cruise around on it myself a bit until I find someone who needs a bike.

Kevan
10-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Last night I worked late and pulled in the drive around 11pm. There, waiting just outside the back door like a pup wanting in was an old three speed Mongomery Ward Open Road girls 3 speed bike.

It's all fun and games until tonight when a dozen of it's friends come knockin' tonight. Best stop off for more milk, bread and eggs.