PDA

View Full Version : Replying via email to a PM

Keith A
02-13-2018, 03:39 PM
I wanted to let you guys/gals know that some of you are replying to the email message notifying you that you have received a PM. When you do this, I get your message and it isn't going to the intended recipient. You will need to use the PM tool to reply, and not email.

In the automated email message, this a clearly stated...
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

I try and reply back to those that make this mistake, but my real job keeps me pretty busy and I don't always have time to reply to these messages.

Gummee
02-13-2018, 06:15 PM
I've been known to reflexively hit 'reply' to those notifications.

Sorry

M

donevwil
02-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Strangely, for the past few months I've no longer gotten email notifications of new PMs even though the option is still selected.

Ideas?

Kontact
02-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Whenever I get one of those emails, I send a self addressed stamped envelope to:

Consumer Information Center
Pueblo, Colorado 81009

NYCfixie
02-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Strangely, for the past few months I've no longer gotten email notifications of new PMs even though the option is still selected.

Ideas?

I have the other issue. How do I turn them off? I do not want emails telling me I have a PM. And then for every PM another email. How do I stop the madness?

donevwil
02-13-2018, 07:45 PM
I have the other issue. How do I turn them off? I do not want emails telling me I have a PM. And then for every PM another email. How do I stop the madness?

You're just too poplular:).

On you personal page, UserCP tab, Settings & Options, Edit Options, most of the way down the Messaging & Notifications section is a checkbox.

Hat
02-13-2018, 07:49 PM
I try and reply back to those that make this mistake, but my real job keeps me pretty busy and I don't always have time to reply to these messages.

It should be pretty simple to setup an auto-response so you don't have to do it manually each time.

Keith A
02-13-2018, 08:13 PM

Ideas?Yes, I've heard of a few people having this problem and I haven't been able how to resolve this. All I know is that this started when I switched our forum to a new server. It seems the ones that have had a problem have been using an email address other than one from Gmail or Yahoo. Do you have a gmail account that you could try?

It should be pretty simple to setup an auto-response so you don't have to do it manually each time.Great idea, I'll look into this.

Keith A
02-13-2018, 08:19 PM
It should be pretty simple to setup an auto-response so you don't have to do it manually each time.Doesn't look like the GoDaddy email web-interface will let me do this. The only auto-reply is a vacation mode that replies to all incoming email.

Hat
02-14-2018, 06:44 AM
Doesn't look like the GoDaddy email web-interface will let me do this. The only auto-reply is a vacation mode that replies to all incoming email.

You should be able to forward them to a gmail account and then do the auto-reply from gmail - it's easy to set up.

Keith A
02-14-2018, 06:48 AM
You should be able to forward them to a gmail account and then do the auto-reply from gmail - it's easy to set up.Thanks for the suggestion.

54ny77
02-14-2018, 08:08 AM
Now that made me laugh. Good one.

Whenever I get one of those emails, I send a self addressed stamped envelope to:

Consumer Information Center
Pueblo, Colorado 81009

likebikes
02-14-2018, 10:26 AM
why not just make the address in the reply field one that does not accept email replies? seems like a silly thread

Keith A
02-14-2018, 10:57 AM
why not just make the address in the reply field one that does not accept email replies? seems like a silly threadBecause there isn't a way to set a specific email address in the forum controls just for the PM replies. So if I changed this to some random address, then all emails related to the forum would go to a location that I'm not checking.