PDA

View Full Version : CUORE of Switzerland? Anyone use them? (Rescue-project.org)

makoti
02-13-2018, 03:11 PM
I've been watching this site & their cycling stuff for about a year, hoping for something I'd wear. I think I'd wear the current stuff. http://www.rescue-project.org/shop/
I like the idea of doing something good for critters while getting a decent bit of cycling gear, but they switched from Castelli (a brand I know well) to CUORE of Switzerland (a brand I do not).
Anyone have any of Cuore's stuff? I've read some limited reviews, and they sound ok, but was hoping for some real world feedback. I'd get the bibs & jersey, I figure.

Plum Hill
02-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Personally not happy with Cuore of Switzerland, simply because they’re no longer from Switzerland. IMO if you intimate you’re from Switzerland and have a .CH website, your stuff should be from Switzerland (a country that takes pride in buying domestically produced items). That “rule” leaves out Assos, too, but at least their products are European.

I phoned the US arm last year. I believe the company is now based in Boulder. The owner is Swiss but the product is now made in China. I was told it is “Swiss quality”.
I have numerous Swiss-made Coure jerseys and like them. I bought a shop jersey in Switzerland last month but haven’t worn it. It is at least four years old (store’s anniversary in 2013). Material is different from Swiss-made clothing.

Just my flag-waving opinion.

Davist
02-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Cuore did some stuff for strava, I bought a jersey on a closeout, it's probably the nicest one I have (vs PI, Castelli low end, Wattie and vie 13 customs). Great quality and material has about 3 or 4 kinds of fabric.. here's the one I got, the little dots are reflective as well: https://coresites-cdn.factorymedia.com/twc/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/531_1457628447_large.jpg

C50
02-13-2018, 05:22 PM
I won't be too much help with feedback from wearing Cuore clothing but I do have a special jersey made by them. It is from the "race fit" line and the materials feel extremely nice. This jersey is from 2016 when they made the kits for the IAM Cycling team. I did some work for one of their riders who autographed one of his jerseys and sent it to me after the Tour as a thank you. I know it was one of his actual team jerseys because it came with the tags still attached that had the custom alterations made to it. He is one of the biggest riders in the World Tour peloton and wears a medium race cut jersey with the length of the body extended 2.5cm (but not any wider) and the arms lengthened 4cm. Every time I look at that jersey I think how much more fun it is to ride my bike and enjoy a great meal with some good drinks afterwards instead of trying to earn a paycheck racing a bike!

pasadena
02-13-2018, 05:42 PM
Not sure if the US Cuore is different but I had to size down compared to Castelli Rossa Corsa/Aero Race line

Quality is great.

rheosibal
02-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Only have a jersey from them, but the fit (silver) and quality are pretty great.

Similar to other companies, Cuore has a slim, race fit style (gold/silver) along with a classic/club type cut (bronze). Depending on which Rescue-Project jersey you go with, just keep that in mind.

makoti
02-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Only have a jersey from them, but the fit (silver) and quality are pretty great.

Similar to other companies, Cuore has a slim, race fit style (gold/silver) along with a classic/club type cut (bronze). Depending on which Rescue-Project jersey you go with, just keep that in mind.

The one I'm looking at is the Silver/race fit. Can you compare it to other jerseys in terms of fit? I wear a medium in Rapha & Castelli jerseys. Similar? The sizing chart says I'm a small. I find that difficult to believe.

And thanks to everyone for the feedback. There are SO many different brands these days...

rheosibal
02-13-2018, 06:40 PM
I usually wear Rapha/Endo and I'm a medium in jerseys & bibs.

I can compare Cuore's silver line to the Rapha Pro Team / Endo and the gold line to the Rapha Aero

rheosibal
02-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Also, Cuore's jerseys have longer sleeves then usual (think Rapha's Aero sleeves). Just a heads up

pasadena
02-13-2018, 07:06 PM
The one I'm looking at is the Silver/race fit. Can you compare it to other jerseys in terms of fit? I wear a medium in Rapha & Castelli jerseys. Similar? The sizing chart says I'm a small. I find that difficult to believe.

And thanks to everyone for the feedback. There are SO many different brands these days...

Yes, size down.