PDA

View Full Version : OT: anyone familar with the Tmobile 55+ plan

eddief
02-12-2018, 01:33 PM
not many CEO promote this way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMtAagKW_q4

I like the idea of free data roaming in Europe while traveling. I was cycling with a friend last year in France and her Tmobile data was free and worked remarkably well.

572cv
02-12-2018, 03:58 PM
I'm not familiar with the particular plan, but we have been using T-Mobile for the last few years, and the data plan in France and even the connection and data within Canada is remarkably better than anything we've had before. My phone just works the way it does here.

fa63
02-12-2018, 04:01 PM
I can vouch for the quality of the international data plan as well; used it in Korea, Japan, Canada and all over Europe last year and worked like a charm the whole time.

drewellison
02-12-2018, 05:56 PM
last summer we went to France and our plan had all the good free data stuff in most of Europe. Fortunately, my wife called customer service before we went just to verify (because she didn't trust the website and she's old skool on some things - like talking to real people) and they assured her, yes, we've got it, and they made a note of the call in our records.

They even told us when *codes to type in to the phone to activate it when we were then and back. And everything worked flawlessly while we were in France.

And then we got home and T-Mobile was going to charge us like half of Trump's net worth for all the data we did over there. My wife told 'em about verifying with a call prior to going, they looked it up, and okay, "we won't charge you because you called first" was the sort of answer she got.

So it's always a good idea to call customer service prior to going. That's my advice.

warren128
02-12-2018, 10:53 PM
My wife and I travel a lot, and we've been on the T-Mobile plan with free international data and texting for the last five years. It has been really great!

Just get off the plane (or boat) and start using the cell phone as we would at home, very seamless.

And international voice calls are only .20/minute, very reasonable.

gone
02-13-2018, 08:15 AM
Wife and I tried it. Despite what their coverage map shows zero coverage where we live. Zip. Nada. Cancelled two days later.

Rather sad actually as it seemed like a good deal compared to big red.

Greg

tuxbailey
02-13-2018, 08:43 AM
I switched my my parents to the 55+ plans. $60 more unlimited everything for 2 lines. Great deal and it works well internationally.

eddief
09-04-2018, 12:34 PM
gotta say I have been completely happy with this deal. Not a huge talker on the cell so haven't noticed too many coverage issues. What I have noticed is that the customer service is almost ridiculously good. Makes me think my wireless company may actually appreciate me as a customer.