PDA

View Full Version : How big a tire fits in an Ouzo Pro?

Tom
10-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I have Michelin 23's in there now, they're fine. Before I eyeball it and spend the money on bigger tires for winter and find out they're bigger than I thought, I figured I'd throw the question out here for them's that gots the experience.

How big a tire can I fit in there? Michelin 25's pushing it or can I go bigger?

Smiley
10-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I have a Micheline Pro race II at 25 mm width on mine No issues . Smiley

dave thompson
10-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I have Michelin 23's in there now, they're fine. Before I eyeball it and spend the money on bigger tires for winter and find out they're bigger than I thought, I figured I'd throw the question out here for them's that gots the experience.

How big a tire can I fit in there? Michelin 25's pushing it or can I go bigger?
I run Bontrager Race Lite on my Ottrott (Reynolds/Serotta fork) which I've measured and are "true" 25s. There appears to be about 3~4mm clearance on each side of the tires and on the top. I would suspect that a "true" 28 tire could be used. Do you have any friends that have 'fatter' tires on their bikes where you could swap front wheels for a try-out?

thejen12
10-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I was just getting sized up for a new custom frame from Steve Rex, and he told me he'd be using the Ouzo Pro fork. I asked him about riding wider tires, and he said that up to a Michelin 25 would fit in there. So I'm guessing that a larger tire wouldn't be likely to fit.

Jenn

djg
10-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I've used pro race 25 clinchers and vittoria evo pave 24 tubbies--plenty of clearance either way, but I cannot say how much larger you could go as I just haven't tried.

Smiley
10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
past 25 mm true widths the brakes will be the problem , getting the wheels on and off .