PDA

View Full Version : Semi-OT Local PO comes through again

Bruce K
02-10-2018, 05:05 PM
So, amid all the USPS, UPS, FedEx bashing, my local Postal guys continue to stand out.

I had a small package (padded envelope - 4oz.) that was due today but it arrived at the local PO Thursday morning. Tracking showed it out for delivery Thursday but it was a no-show. Same story Friday.

I went to the PO this morning and talked to the desk clerk who had me talk to the Postmaster. Records were checked and he confirmed that it was in their system but it appeared to be lost. He called the delivery guy and it is not on his truck.

PM takes my number and promises a call and I go on about my errands for the day.

No phone call but when I got home it was as in the mailbox!

I am glad I don't have to make a claim or get replacement.

BK

ultraman6970
02-10-2018, 06:37 PM
2 thumbs up!!!

nickl
02-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Lots of personal and business experience with UPS, FedEx and USPS. Good and bad experience with all. Keep in mind that the first two regularly use the Post Office for last leg delivery.

Geeheeb
02-10-2018, 11:42 PM
I have a rotating cast of USPS delivery people, and the main one is terrible. We have had them for about 2 years. Before that everything was great, but you can tell when they miss a day because the mail is all correctly delivered. Before that it was always great. There is even a neighborhood facebook group dedicated to how bad this delivery person is.

UPS has lost one package last summer, and FedEx has botched two.

The mother of my current UPS driver lives a few houses down and is a good friend, and we always get good service but I think that is because he is good at what he does, not the personal connection.

Bruce K
02-11-2018, 02:08 AM
My UPS driver is great, too. FedEx not so much.

Funny you mentioned it, but when the regulars are away service takes a nose dive. Packages get left at the mailbox by the street (350' driveway that is uphill so, basically they are too lazy to deliver to the door). That is kind of the norm for anything FedEx that does not need a signature.

We are very lucky that nothing has ever been taken when that happens.

BK

R3awak3n
02-11-2018, 05:35 AM
My local PO is awesome as wel.

Also like my local ups and fed ex guys. I have had no problems with mail lately since I moved away from the big city.