PDA

View Full Version : ot:NOMOROBO

alancw3
02-10-2018, 09:55 AM
hey guys i wanted to share with you a website to eliminate unwanted telemarketing calls. i have used for two weeks now and i can say it absolutely works! i have verizon, which supports romorobo, as well as many other carriers. anyway if you are getting a lot of unwanted calls this may help:

http://nomorobo.com

ps. this is what the national do not call list was suppose to solve but the callers found away around.

OtayBW
02-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the link. I will try it as I am tired of blocking every 2nd call that comes my way. That said, the reviews on this app are highly variable (to say the least).

EDIT: I just downloaded the app and found out that this is $1.99/mo with a 30-day free trial. That - in and of itself is no big deal; however, to get the 30-day free trial, you have to sign up for credit card auto-renewal, which, of course, can be cancelled, but I am tired of dealing with that kind of chitz, so I uninstalled.

alancw3
02-11-2018, 04:56 AM
sorry i forgot to clarify that landlines are free and it is $2/month for cellphones.

R3awak3n
02-11-2018, 05:27 AM
I have this app on the iphone called hiya. Sure it does not block calls but it alerts if call is telemarketing. Its free and it has been great

Edit - actually just checked the app and it actually can block callers as well

Bruce K
02-11-2018, 07:06 AM
We've been using NOMOROBO for a while now on the landline.

It cut out almost all the calls. One ring and gone!

Every once in a while one sneaks through - Democratic Committee, Republican Committee, NRA, and a couple of others.

I sometimes wonder if people who I might like to talk with who have blocked ID get re-routed....

I don't think any of them are perfect but with caller ID you can just not answer the ones that get by.

BK

unterhausen
02-11-2018, 07:15 AM
our land line is a cellphone in disguise. Wonder how that works