PDA

View Full Version : Bettini's glory and tragedy

zeroking17
10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Imagine the emotional rollercoaster that Bettini's been riding these past days. First, he experiences the highest high by winning the worlds. Now he's plunged into the lowest low by his brother's death.

He's always struck me as a sympathetic personality.

atmo
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
agreed on that atmo.
the contrast between the yesterday/today reminds
me of the floyd sitchyooayshun from the tdf iirc.

Grant McLean
10-03-2006, 07:57 PM

obtuse
10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
a terrible loss to be sure for the man. he's the best there is right now along with boonen and valverde.....just for kicks check out these kicks:

obtuse

atmo
10-03-2006, 08:48 PM
door number three sir.

obtuse
10-03-2006, 09:03 PM
door number three sir.

jesus, i try to post some pictures of shoes and frucking bob barker here get's all up on my wife.....mad painful.

obtuse

i know pimpin ain't easy.

Ginger
10-03-2006, 09:38 PM
jesus, i try to post some pictures of shoes and frucking bob barker here get's all up on my wife.....mad painful.

obtuse
What do you expect? She's a hottie.

atmo
10-03-2006, 09:40 PM
What do you expect? I wanted door number three as well.

there is a god atmo.

BumbleBeeDave
10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
. . . but I believe the thread was supposed to be about Bettini losing his brother. Hardly a subject that merits lighthearted banter . . . :(

IMHO, Bettini is one of the few class acts left in cycling these days. He can win nearly any one day race and I bet he could have a legit chance at a big stage race if he could just TT a little better. Plus he seems to actually be having fun doing it all. There's nothing forced about the exultation or the happiness. He actually seems to be having fun riding his bike, win OR lose.

I can't help but hope his family, friends, and teammates will be there for him when something like this happens and that he'll still be able to enjoy riding and racing.

BBD