PDA

View Full Version : OT: Praise for REI

kookmyers
02-08-2018, 09:46 AM
I've seen a few comments about how they have gone downhill over the years so I wanted to post some love for them. I placed an online order for a few items. Some of them shipped, but 2 did not. I then received a shipping email that said the remaining 2 items did finally ship and that they were due for receipt in the past. After several days of checking for a tracking number, i called customer service. They looked into it and could not retrieve any useful information. They promptly placed an order for me for the items, asked me if i wanted them expedited (for no charge - i declined) and sent me an order confirmation.
They asked me to be sure to give them a call if the missing 2 items show up.

Thanks REI!

zzy
02-08-2018, 10:29 AM
REI's CS is good, but I've had a frustrating number errors with shipping and labeling. I try to always have items shipped to their newish NYC store because I can deal with misships faster...

smontanaro
02-08-2018, 11:28 AM
I've been an REI member since the 70's. Seem to have remained much more true to their roots than their competitors at the time (Eddie Bauer & Land's End come to mind).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

verticaldoug
02-08-2018, 11:50 AM
I've been an REI member since the 70's. Seem to have remained much more true to their roots than their competitors at the time (Eddie Bauer & Land's End come to mind).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The difference is being a co-op versus a shareholder company needing to pay excess returns to your stock holders. Different priorities.

raygunner
02-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Last evening I went to an REI store to buy some insoles for my winter boots.

Now, of course I could of purchased them online for less but the store employee who helped me was extremely knowledgeable about the products and took lots of time to explain the differences of the various offerings. Not to mention all the sample insoles I tried on!

Overall a great experience and now I'm walking more comfortable.

Rob1519
02-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Last evening I went to an REI store to buy some insoles for my winter boots.

Now, of course I could of purchased them online for less but the store employee who helped me was extremely knowledgeable about the products and took lots of time to explain the differences of the various offerings. Not to mention all the sample insoles I tried on!

Overall a great experience and now I'm walking more comfortable.

Which store?