PDA

View Full Version : New saddle from Rapha

dbnm
02-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Looks like a Fabric Ultimate

"The shape and design of the new Rapha Classic and Pro Team Saddles exactly match the chamois pads from the corresponding Rapha bib shorts, and you’ll be able to shop according to weight and width to find your perfect perch. "

https://pages.rapha.cc/feature/rapha-new-season-highlights

R3awak3n
02-06-2018, 11:42 AM
that does look like a fabric but with a cutout (which I don't see on any of the fabric saddles)

Marc40a
02-06-2018, 11:47 AM
It looks similar to a C13.

PNW
02-06-2018, 11:51 AM
I wonder what the weight will be.

andrewsuzuki
02-06-2018, 11:54 AM
The shape and design of the new Rapha Classic and Pro Team Saddles exactly match the chamois pads from the corresponding Rapha bib shorts

I've only had one pair of mid-tier Rapha shorts but aren't their pads large/unassuming, and also single-density/not-3d? lol

But yeah, those rails look a lot like the Fabric/Airbus ALM.

dbnm
02-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Fabric and Rapha saddles.

I bet the pro team will be the Fabric ALM

Mzilliox
02-06-2018, 12:15 PM
ive been riding the 140 gram Fabric ALM for a week now and i am shocked at how a piece of unpadded carbon can feel so good. I personally think Fabric is making saddles every bit as fine as Fizik and anyone else out there. now i want a 100 gram version to compete with the Berks and Tunes of the world, will this cutout rapha be the one? will the clever saying under the saddle double the price of it?

ltwtsculler91
02-06-2018, 12:59 PM
ive been riding the 140 gram Fabric ALM for a week now and i am shocked at how a piece of unpadded carbon can feel so good. I personally think Fabric is making saddles every bit as fine as Fizik and anyone else out there. now i want a 100 gram version to compete with the Berks and Tunes of the world, will this cutout rapha be the one? will the clever saying under the saddle double the price of it?

I put 2000mi on an ALM this summer and have the carbon railed scoops on my other two bikes, and the ALM continually amazes me with how comfortable it is. I'll be adding another one this spring when my Bedford arrives..

I think the Rapha PT saddle will be an ALM while the standard just looks to be a Fabric with a cut and a new cover. Given what Rapha does for helmets and shoes with Giro, this doesn't suprise me.

makoti
02-06-2018, 02:34 PM
I put 2000mi on an ALM this summer and have the carbon railed scoops on my other two bikes, and the ALM continually amazes me with how comfortable it is. I'll be adding another one this spring when my Bedford arrives..

I think the Rapha PT saddle will be an ALM while the standard just looks to be a Fabric with a cut and a new cover. Given what Rapha does for helmets and shoes with Giro, this doesn't suprise me.

Great. Something else to try out. ALM you say?

David Tollefson
02-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Funny how a thread on a Rapha saddle can turn into a discussion of a Fizik saddle... But...

All I'm finding is the ALM Ultimate, which LOOKS like it has a pad layer over a carbon shell (monocoque to the carbon rails). I'd LOVE the idea of a fully carbon saddle (of which there are a few), as all my currect favorite saddles are ti-railed old saddles that I've torn the covers off. Those and the Tioga Spyder saddle (and the knock-off version the Vertu). And I'm not about to explore into the $360 saddle territory.

R3awak3n
02-06-2018, 03:53 PM

I have switched all my saddles to fabric recently. I am too very impressed with them.

ltwtsculler91
02-06-2018, 03:55 PM
Great. Something else to try out. ALM you say?

The ALM is Fabric's top model which looks a hell of a lot like what Rapha is showing

Ttx1
02-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Another +1 for the ALM. I have them on 3 bikes...

They work equally well with all bibs I’ve tried.

Just saying...

makoti
02-06-2018, 04:45 PM
I read some reviews of the ALM & a couple mentioned cracking to the point it snagged & trashed bibs. Anyone have any issues like that?