PDA

View Full Version : Ride Report-Coeur d'Acier

mscott
10-03-2006, 10:15 AM
As requested in an earlier post here is a ride report. Last night after work I took the Coeur d'Acier out on my 12 mile rolling hill (with one big hill) "time trial" loop. Didn't have the computer installed yet so I just timed the ride. Bear in mind I'm a 60 year old fat guy so consider the following is just me. Finished a minute faster than my best time last week which translates into a 17.9 mph vs 17.3 on my aluminum GT.

Climbing was so much better on the Serotta. I was shocked that the steel frame would climb better than the huge tubed GT. I don't think I have ever been on a bike that climbed like this; felt almost young again! Over all the ride quality (responsiveness and smoothness) is exceptional. The Chorus group is also far superior to the Ultegra on the GT. I have to say I have never ridden a bike as good as this. Now I just need to get my body back in shape to really appreciate what I have.

Sorry no pics yet. I can't seem to get the forum system to accept my files. They say it is too large and I am not technically proficient enough to make them smaller............did I say I was old?

dave thompson
10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
As requested in an earlier post here is a ride report. Last night after work I took the Coeur d'Acier out on my 12 mile rolling hill (with one big hill) "time trial" loop. Didn't have the computer installed yet so I just timed the ride. Bear in mind I'm a 60 year old fat guy so consider the following is just me. Finished a minute faster than my best time last week which translates into a 17.9 mph vs 17.3 on my aluminum GT.

Climbing was so much better on the Serotta. I was shocked that the steel frame would climb better than the huge tubed GT. I don't think I have ever been on a bike that climbed like this; felt almost young again! Over all the ride quality (responsiveness and smoothness) is exceptional. The Chorus group is also far superior to the Ultegra on the GT. I have to say I have never ridden a bike as good as this. Now I just need to get my body back in shape to really appreciate what I have.

Sorry no pics yet. I can't seem to get the forum system to accept my files. They say it is too large and I am not technically proficient enough to make them smaller............did I say I was old?
Congrats on the new ride!

Try this for sizing pics: http://www.imageresizer.com/ It's a freeware program that's quite easy to use.

RedCoeurd'Acier
10-03-2006, 01:52 PM
on your Coeurd'Acier?? The chorus group you have is it 2006 or 2007 group? Thanks

Brons2
10-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Steel is real, baby!

mscott
10-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Carbon stays. I bought the bike used - I think it is 2004 or 2005 group. One thing I forgot to mention is the stability. My GT always seemed "Twitchy" to me. I was never comfortable descending all out or even standing up to pedal. Not so on the Serotta. It feels almost glued to the road - very stable and confidence inspiring.