PDA

View Full Version : Spin Bikes!!!???

sirroada
10-02-2006, 11:21 PM
OK, I can't stand trainers and rollers and I have a bad history together so I am going to buy a spin bike for winter training. Does anyone have any experience with spin bikes and what is a really good one.

Ray
10-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Riding indoors is riding indoors, IMHO. But if you gotta do it, I think the Lemonds are about as good as any. My health club used to have Reeboks and now has Lemonds. They both felt about the same, but the Lemonds seem to be holding up better. They're all basically just stationary fixed gears with a big-a$$ flywheel and some sort of tensioner to add resistance. Assuming you can adjust the seat and bars adequately, I'm not sure how much better or worse one could be.

-Ray

Blastinbob
10-03-2006, 08:12 AM
I have had a V-Bike made by Star-Trac (http://www.startrac.com/products/bikes/v_spinner.asp) for a number of years (maker of the Johnny-G spin bike). My wife rides it much more then I do. It was well used when I purchased it and is holding up just fine.

The Lemonds were brand new to the market place and $900 when I purchased mine used for $300. You can find the V-bike on ebay for around that price or even less.