PDA

View Full Version : UltraDrive Triples: When? Ever?

sfscott
10-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Seeing the great reviews of the new Campy stuff is making me drool.

Just wondering if anyone heard anything about a triple version of the crank? I am building up a new one soon and would love not to have to put Shimano cranks on an otherwise Campy bike.

And no, square taper is not an option.

As an aside, why not put out a triple version at the launch anyway?

Jason E
10-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Well, the new stuff is super-duper cool, but the square taper stuff is old-school cool, and you could bling it up with a Phil Wood BB.

Not what you want to here, I'll move along.

Elefantino
10-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Try a Record (or Chorus) 50-34 with a 13-29 on the back.

Then go climb walls.

I'll move along, too. :)

dschlichting
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Just back from Interbike where I attended the Campy Technical Seminar. First of all, the system is beautiful and simple to install. You're not the only one looking for a triple and not to the only one to be dissapointed. The word from on High is that no triple at the moment, maybe next year. Only doubles manufactured this year (2007) both regular and compact.
Will admit to being in the ShimaNO faction, so will mention that the FSA carbon triples were quite impressive. I may be tempted to replace the 17 year old Euclid crankset on my Spectrum touring bike with one of these.

PacNW2Ford
10-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Even if we do get UltraDrive triples, will they be 170mm and 175mm only like the "new" triples? What's up with that?

znfdl
10-03-2006, 06:33 AM
I have a Campy triple with a Phil BB, what can better than this setup?

Marcusaurelius
10-03-2006, 08:30 AM
I have a Campy triple with a Phil BB, what can better than this setup?

An integrated crankset with phil wood bearings. I had a campy triple on a bike but would change it back from the integrated triple crank I now use.

I don't think campagnolo sells a lot of triple cranks and this might have something to do with the fact that they are not a huge oem manufacturer that puts thousands of triple cranks on trek, lemond, specialized bicycles, etc.