PDA

View Full Version : OT: who is winning the super bowl?

monkeytusmc
01-30-2018, 09:37 PM
Who do you got in the super bowl and what’s the final score?
35-31 Eagles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donevwil
01-31-2018, 12:24 AM
Alabama by 3 in a come from behind win.

likebikes
01-31-2018, 12:32 AM
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=161960

charliedid
01-31-2018, 09:02 AM
Budweiser

ptourkin
01-31-2018, 09:13 AM
CTE, ridiculous tax incentives and the owners.

azrider
01-31-2018, 09:14 AM
Who cares...

nmrt
01-31-2018, 10:11 AM
Me, of course!
I'll be on a nice long quite ride all by myself on empty mountain roads. Hopefully the weather will co-operate.:banana:

dancinkozmo
01-31-2018, 10:27 AM
super bowl ? who gives a crap....its the cyclocross worlds this weekend !!

Mark McM
01-31-2018, 10:30 AM
In the afternoon after his inauguration in January 2017, Donald Trump entered the Oval Office on his first day as President. There on the desk, he found a letter addressed to him from outgoing President Barrack Obama. The note inside said simply,

"Patriots 34, Falcons 28. Next year, you decide."

fignon's barber
01-31-2018, 10:51 AM
I-G-G-L-E-S! Iggles!

binxnyrwarrsoul
01-31-2018, 10:53 AM
Who cares...

:beer:

joosttx
01-31-2018, 11:06 AM
I predict this Super Bowl will have the lowest ratings in recent history.

gdw
01-31-2018, 11:15 AM
I'd like to see a close game with the Eagles knocking off Team Evil, 31-24.

trener1
01-31-2018, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking the patriots by 3.
I am just hoping for a good close game.

Nooch
01-31-2018, 12:10 PM
I'd like the Giants to continue to be the only team to put away the pats in the big game, so I'm saying patriots by 4.

echappist
01-31-2018, 12:20 PM
CTE, ridiculous tax incentives and the owners.

this, exactly

American sports can go to hell for all I care. At least the soccer owners, however unsavory, pay for their stadia. Not so much for the overwhelming majority of American pro sport owners.

I'd like to see a close game with the Eagles knocking off Team Evil, 31-24.

while I don't care for the New England, one's definition of "Evil" should be broader.

Kraft was at least responsible enough to foot 100% of the stadium cost.

The same cannot be said for Lurie (or the owners of the Phillies, Pirates, and Steelers for that matter). They are all pigs sucking at the teat of public handout in the form of a $500 Million bond issued by the state, which would cost the state 1.5 billion by the time the bonds would be paid off fully. Mind you that unlike MA, where they might actually be able to afford corporate welfare, Philly and PA is in no shape to do the same.

And I rooted for the Philly sport teams for a long time; not so much after one learns about who gets left holding the bag...

djg21
01-31-2018, 12:53 PM
Who do you got in the super bowl and what’s the final score?
35-31 Eagles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pats by 10. But I’m hoping that they’re up by 40 at the half. I can’t take yet another nail-biter like the playoff games, or a first half like last year’s Super Bowl. I want a Pats blowout so I can enjoy the commercials and the party.

cmbicycles
01-31-2018, 01:30 PM
Who cares...

Ditto

Me, of course!
I'll be on a nice long quite ride all by myself on empty mountain roads. Hopefully the weather will co-operate.:banana:

Sunday afternoons during football season are some of the best running/riding times as the roads are less travelled... just don't be out when the games are over.

Dave M
01-31-2018, 01:42 PM
Longtime fan of both teams having lived in both cities, so I'm torn. Heart says Birds, head says Pats. Pats 24, Eagles 20.

Mark McM
01-31-2018, 01:57 PM

That's because everybody else turned him done. There had been 5 different proposals for a new stadium in various locations (3 different locations in Boston, plus locations in Providence and Hartford), all including a large part of the costs being picked up by taxpayers. In all cases, as soon as the residents got wind of it, they pressured their elected officials to reject the proposals*. With no where else to turn, Kraft was left to build the stadium with his own money.

(*These same local residents were smart enough to fight against picking up the tab for a Boston Olympics proposal.)

William
01-31-2018, 02:11 PM
I think a lot of those same residents are saying they don't want public money going for a minor league (Pawtucket Red Sox) stadium either but most of the RI politicians want to do it. Everyone I've talked to says the same thing, "No public funds to build a new stadium" but they appear to be trying to run it through any way.

Dumb! Let the owners pay for it themselves!

William

William
01-31-2018, 02:13 PM
PS: Gotta go with the Pats.:D

William

glepore
01-31-2018, 02:56 PM
The last teams to have success against the evil empire have done it by rattling Tom Perfect. Guess who has a d line for the ages?

If St Nick shows up, Eagles by 7. If he doesn't, I'm not going near Fishtown for a month.

oldpotatoe
01-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Who CARES! It’s about the commercials!!!

fignon's barber
01-31-2018, 03:45 PM
American sports can go to hell for all I care. At least the soccer owners, however unsavory, pay for their stadia. Not so much for the overwhelming majority of American pro sport owners.

The same cannot be said for Lurie (or the owners of the Phillies, Pirates, and Steelers for that matter). They are all pigs sucking at the teat of public handout in the form of a $500 Million bond issued by the state, which would cost the state 1.5 billion by the time the bonds would be paid off fully. Mind you that unlike MA, where they might actually be able to afford corporate welfare, Philly and PA is in no shape to do the same.

And I rooted for the Philly sport teams for a long time; not so much after one learns about who gets left holding the bag...

Actually, Linc cost $512mil,of which the city contributed $188mil. Eagles footed 64% of the bill, which is better than most teams:

echappist
01-31-2018, 03:47 PM
That's because everybody else turned him done. There had been 5 different proposals for a new stadium in various locations (3 different locations in Boston, plus locations in Providence and Hartford), all including a large part of the costs being picked up by taxpayers. In all cases, as soon as the residents got wind of it, they pressured their elected officials to reject the proposals*. With no where else to turn, Kraft was left to build the stadium with his own money.

(*These same local residents were smart enough to fight against picking up the tab for a Boston Olympics proposal.)

Boston and New England are fortunate to have fiscally responsible citizens.

I'm considering moving to Philly, and it dreads me that the state and the city thought it wise to indulge sport owners at the expense of schools and infrastructure...

Actually, Linc cost $512mil,of which the city contributed $188mil. Eagles footed 64% of the bill, which is better than most teams:

merely a difference between larceny and grand larceny. Taxpayers are still on the hook for a significant portion of the cost. Even 36% is too much when we are talking about a city as dysfunctional as Philadelphia. Let's not forget that the city was also on the hook for Veteran Field...

Also, the number I saw indicates 50:50 public: private, for both the Phillies and Eagles. The fee for naming right also went to Lurie, as opposed to being split evenly with the city...

https://www.watchdog.org/pennsylvania/billion-and-counting-for-state-s-taxpayer-funded-stadiums/article_d5f040af-fd5e-5272-8a5b-aac4b41f1dd4.html
http://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/03/23/public-financing-sports-stadiums/

superbowlpats
01-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Pats by 10. But I’m hoping that they’re up by 40 at the half. I can’t take yet another nail-biter like the playoff games, or a first half like last year’s Super Bowl. I want a Pats blowout so I can enjoy the commercials and the party.

This is me. I don't find the SB very enjoyable when the Pats are playing and its always down to the wire. Last year was a little different because I had written them off at 28-3 so I just opened up another beer and figured I'd watch the Falcons score 50 points. I'd rather they lose in the AFC Championship game than in the SB. Well unless its against the Broncos or Steelers ;)

jmoore
01-31-2018, 04:49 PM
https://static.tumblr.com/fe7dc84ee5e889e2e6cee30986df1cee/g6em2ej/RB8n7c5om/tumblr_static_6p7ntai66ogs8o4k0wgwk800w_640_v2.jpg

Mark McM
01-31-2018, 05:05 PM
Boston and New England are fortunate to have fiscally responsible citizens.

Then why does the rest of the country call us "tax and spend liberals?"

soulspinner
01-31-2018, 05:13 PM
Eagles by 6..........

echappist
01-31-2018, 05:34 PM
Then why does the rest of the country call us "tax and spend liberals?"

And this is related to irresponsible stadium financing, how?