PDA

View Full Version : Paragon rocker dropouts and ti bolts? (how are those bolts doing?

zambenini
01-25-2018, 06:09 PM
I finally managed to round off a bolt on a paragon rocker dropout on my MTB. I haven’t fiddled with them that much in the 8 months I’ve had it but it only takes one careless move.

Paragon advertises their ti bolts as being superior in every way. Who likes these and who does not? They are pricey for bolts. But if they are good...

Sub question: since I’m now running single speed should I pony up for a second set of singlespeed dropout inserts to preserve the derailleur hanger on the current set I have or not worth it to you?

Many thanks,
JZ

tigoat
01-25-2018, 06:29 PM
Why not if you have the cash to spend? Ti bolts would be stronger if they were forged instead of machined. I don't know how Paragon make them but I would buy from Paragon instead of other cheaper unknown sources.

I think it would look nicer without the hanger for a single speed application but I wouldn't want to spend the money for an extra set just to lay it around for nothing.

crankles
01-25-2018, 07:48 PM
I've been running them for two season on a Ti CX....lots of tightening and loosening since I change gearing almost every race. Holding up great.

I have an SS plate and a geared plate. the SS plate is $15. Not really necessary, but looks clean and there no hanger to dent if I crash.