PDA

View Full Version : International Shipping-USPS

PNW
01-25-2018, 08:55 AM
When shipping to another country, is it normal for a period of time that the package is “held at customs”? That’s currently what the tracking information is showing so I wasn’t sure if this was normal.

tuscanyswe
01-25-2018, 08:59 AM
That is completely dependant on that particular countrys process on imports and packages.

For instance sweden (where i live) the package can be listed as held in custom for anything between 5min to 5 days. If its longer than that usually it means the customs want more information to determine value of the goods. All packages get labelled "held at customs" regardless of the time it takes to process.

So by itself its not a course for concearn, just a step in the delivery (usually).

mktng
01-25-2018, 09:13 AM
i've had packages held at customs for 5-7 business days. seems normal.

its torture.

sales guy
01-25-2018, 09:15 AM
When shipping to another country, is it normal for a period of time that the package is “held at customs”? That’s currently what the tracking information is showing so I wasn’t sure if this was normal.

I've got one sitting in customs right now for 19 days. Nothing is normal anymore.
Call up or go to your local PO and push them. Sometimes they can nudge it along.

NHAero
01-25-2018, 11:20 AM
I just sent something to a Paceliner in Canada and it seemed as though it was in NY Customs for a week or more.

gdw
01-25-2018, 11:29 AM
I've got one sitting in customs right now for 19 days. Nothing is normal anymore.
Call up or go to your local PO and push them. Sometimes they can nudge it along.

+1 Most countries seem to process packages in 1-7 days but some, Australia, have held up delivery for over a month.

PNW
01-25-2018, 11:42 AM
+1 Most countries seem to process packages in 1-7 days but some, Australia, have held up delivery for over a month.

Yup, it’s in Australia right now. First time I’ve sent nothing internationally other than Canada so was just curious. Thanks for the replies all, my question has been answered.