PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Rapha Kings of Pain cap

dbnm
01-21-2018, 09:53 PM
I know this is a real shot in the dark, but if you have a new Kings of Pain black cap around, and what to sell it, let me know.

madsciencenow
01-21-2018, 10:21 PM
I know this is a real shot in the dark, but if you have a new Kings of Pain black cap around, and what to sell it, let me know.

I don’t have the hat but I have the matching jersey, which was my first Rapha purchase and still my favorite to this day. If there is a second hat available I’m all over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbnm
01-21-2018, 10:31 PM
I never got the jersey but wish I had

madsciencenow
01-22-2018, 09:30 AM
I never got the jersey but wish I had

The zipper (tab) broke on mine and I sent it back to Rapha. They sent it back to me and said they couldn’t fix and suggested a local tailor (they used some English sounding word I can’t recall) might be able to install a new zipper. I bought the jersey at 1/2 price and the provided a full price credit. I’m still using jersey as the zipper works but it’s difficult to get started and manipulate. If anyone has experience with replacing jersey zippers please ping me. In addition, Rapha’s response to the matter was better than I could have hoped for!

pdmtong
01-22-2018, 01:09 PM
The zipper (tab) broke on mine and I sent it back to Rapha. They sent it back to me and said they couldn’t fix and suggested a local tailor (they used some English sounding word I can’t recall) might be able to install a new zipper. I bought the jersey at 1/2 price and the provided a full price credit. I’m still using jersey as the zipper works but it’s difficult to get started and manipulate. If anyone has experience with replacing jersey zippers please ping me. In addition, Rapha’s response to the matter was better than I could have hoped for!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats odd. Rapha uses these guys
https://www.mtnsoles.com/cycling-apparel/
and they purportedly can fix most anything

I have the KoP bottle opener....

VTR1000SP2
01-22-2018, 07:38 PM
I have this cap but not the jersey and it's the cap I wear most often although I find myself wearing caps much less. It's a really good quality cap.

jinbok
01-22-2018, 09:06 PM
if anyone wants to sell their KOP jersey in small or medium.. let me know!

madsciencenow
01-22-2018, 09:27 PM
thats odd. Rapha uses these guys
https://www.mtnsoles.com/cycling-apparel/
and they purportedly can fix most anything

I have the KoP bottle opener....

I suspect they could fix but it was more than it was worth to Rapha. Thanks for the link!

pdmtong
01-22-2018, 10:35 PM
I suspect they could fix but it was more than it was worth to Rapha. Thanks for the link! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably...

fwiw I thought the KoP jersey with the faux tires criss-crossing the back side while authentic in spirit was a bit weird in execution.