https://youtu.be/TR6iIuUN9ME

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

nice goggles..:eek:

simplemind
01-19-2018, 09:04 AM
Not easy being a star!

Dave B
01-19-2018, 09:09 AM
Still love that guy and this (for whatever reason he did it) is pretty darn cool.

Anyway, he at the very least brings an entertaining personality to the peleton.

Big Dan
01-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Cool dude...

:cool:

FlashUNC
01-19-2018, 05:25 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKxD6awoTUJJ17y/giphy.gif

Seramount
01-19-2018, 05:25 PM
have to confess I've come 180 degrees from my initial impression of PS.

when he first came on the pro scene, I thought he was just an egotistical punk...now, he's one of my favorite riders.

a wild child with a good heart...

Frankwurst
01-19-2018, 06:03 PM
I get a kick out of him. He can ride the wheels off a bicycle and is good for a laugh as well. With Jens being gone we need someone with a personality that can mix things up a bit. He's young and about half off the wall as well. To me it's all good.:beer:

GregL
01-19-2018, 06:17 PM
I have to admit I’ve definitely become a Sagan fan. Talented rider who doesn’t take himself too seriously. A good friend of mine is a huge Sagan fan. She and her boyfriend made the trip to Quebec last September to see him race. He was gracious enough to pose for pictures and chat with a fan old enough to be his mother. She was ecstatic to find that her favorite bike racer was a pleasant person too.

Greg

bikinchris
01-19-2018, 07:34 PM
I like Sagan, but the people who worship him are what's ticking me off.

Sagan is a pretty good sprinter who can ride hills.

He is not THE top elite sprinter. He is about 8th or 10th in the world peleton in sprinting capability. What separates him from those above him in ability is that those guys can't climb to save their lives. Therefore, he will win the green jersey in the TdF again. If they weighted the true sprint stages like they weigh climbing stages, it would be a far more competitive green jersey competition.

He is a pretty hard guy.

He is a pretty hard guy that is very well suited to classics. He is one of my favorites and I wish he would spend more time racing the spring and fall classics. His ability to go hard ad then sprint would make him my favorite in those races.

He is not the very best at any one thing. He has a fun personality and seems like a nice guy.

Llewellyn
01-19-2018, 09:07 PM
have to confess I've come 180 degrees from my initial impression of PS.

when he first came on the pro scene, I thought he was just an egotistical punk...now, he's one of my favorite riders.

a wild child with a good heart...

About the same for me.

oldpotatoe
01-20-2018, 06:18 AM
Still love that guy and this (for whatever reason he did it) is pretty darn cool.

Anyway, he at the very least brings an entertaining personality to the peleton.

pelOton, please sir...:)

oldpotatoe
01-20-2018, 06:20 AM

He is not THE top elite sprinter. He is about 8th or 10th in the world peleton in sprinting capability. What separates him from those above him in ability is that those guys can't climb to save their lives. Therefore, he will win the green jersey in the TdF again. If they weighted the true sprint stages like they weigh climbing stages, it would be a far more competitive green jersey competition.

He is a pretty hard guy.

He is a pretty hard guy that is very well suited to classics. He is one of my favorites and I wish he would spend more time racing the spring and fall classics. His ability to go hard ad then sprint would make him my favorite in those races.

He is not the very best at any one thing. He has a fun personality and seems like a nice guy.

pelOton..OMG!!->>:)

glad he grew up..:banana:

Dave B
01-20-2018, 07:21 AM
pelOton, please sir...:)

Duly noted.

Can you next help others with the difference between principle and principal. ;)

oldpotatoe
01-20-2018, 08:07 AM
Duly noted.

Can you next help others with the difference between principle and principal. ;)

I'm not a spelling na_i in any way..I can bearly speel..but pelOton gets me everytime...

cmbicycles
01-20-2018, 08:15 AM
Duly noted.

In principal I think the pelEton will agree with the decision of the school's principle. :)

binxnyrwarrsoul
01-20-2018, 08:18 AM
Duly noted.

And your and you're.

bikinchris
01-20-2018, 09:49 AM
pelOton..OMG!!->>:)

glad he grew up..:banana:

Why didn't you mention that I misspelled "and?"

Frankwurst
01-20-2018, 09:58 AM
And your and you're.

For your best performance you're going to need to take two little blue pills.:beer:

tommyrod74
01-20-2018, 10:25 AM

He is a pretty hard guy.

People "worship" him because he is entertaining, and also wins some pretty big races. No, he's not dominant in any one area, and he's not a generational talent. But in a sport sorely lacking for personality (keep in mind that most of the "personalities" that the sport has celebrated over the years were assholes), he's fun to watch and (relatively) innocuous, though obviously he hasn't displayed ideal judgement at all times.

We need more like him and less like Froome, though Froome is arguably a generational talent (likely doping aside).

I mean, c'mon... who else would ditch the OLYMPIC road race to take a wild shot at XCO? Sure, it was likely ill-advised... but in a sport full of dullards who can't take a pee without someone telling them how to do it over the team radio, a guy who bunnyhops onto cars and randomly picks his Olympic events is a breath of fresh air.

FlashUNC
01-20-2018, 10:59 AM
People "worship" him because he is entertaining, and also wins some pretty big races. No, he's not dominant in any one area, and he's not a generational talent. But in a sport sorely lacking for personality (keep in mind that most of the "personalities" that the sport has celebrated over the years were assholes), he's fun to watch and (relatively) innocuous, though obviously he hasn't displayed ideal judgement at all times.

We need more like him and less like Froome, though Froome is arguably a generational talent (likely doping aside).

I mean, c'mon... who else would ditch the OLYMPIC road race to take a wild shot at XCO? Sure, it was likely ill-advised... but in a sport full of dullards who can't take a pee without someone telling them how to do it over the team radio, a guy who bunnyhops onto cars and randomly picks his Olympic events is a breath of fresh air.

1) He doesn't win big races. I mean, there is that one Monument he won that one time.

2) He makes bad decisions about what to race in his program.

But hey, bunny hops are fun I guess.

rallizes
01-20-2018, 11:12 AM
1) He doesn't win big races. I mean, there is that one Monument he won that one time.

For a guy who can’t stand Sagan you sure pay a lot of attention to his every move

It’s curious

tommyrod74
01-20-2018, 11:15 AM

2017 -

Sagan becomes the first rider to win the elite men World Championship road race three years in a row and also the first one to win three titles on three different continents, by winning the road race in Bergen.[21] He also becomes the fifth and the youngest rider to win three career titles.

I mean, it seems like winning Worlds 3 consecutive times is kind of good and that those were big races.

He's not Merckx. He''s good, though, and fun to watch. And he's still rather young.

And bunnyhops are fun. You should try them sometime, might help you to lighten up a bit.

jlwdm
01-20-2018, 11:56 AM

He is not THE top elite sprinter. He is about 8th or 10th in the world peleton in sprinting capability.

I don't see people claiming he is an elite sprinter.

Jeff

GregL
01-20-2018, 12:18 PM
For a guy who can’t stand Sagan you sure pay a lot of attention to his every move

It’s curious
This forum so much needs a "Like" button :banana:

Greg

bikinchris
01-20-2018, 01:19 PM
I don't see people claiming he is an elite sprinter.

Jeff

I take it you don't listen to Phil and Paul. They act like he is THE golden boy.

bikinchris
01-20-2018, 01:24 PM
2017 -

Sagan becomes the first rider to win the elite men World Championship road race three years in a row and also the first one to win three titles on three different continents, by winning the road race in Bergen.[21] He also becomes the fifth and the youngest rider to win three career titles.

I mean, it seems like winning Worlds 3 consecutive times is kind of good and that those were big races. If the course is as hard as they claim this year, then I will see how I feel about 4 in a row.

He's not Merckx. He''s good, though, and fun to watch. And he's still rather young.

And bunnyhops are fun. You should try them sometime, might help you to lighten up a bit.

Two of those three courses were very similar. The fact that he won them is not all that dramatic. Except the flat course. That was cooler. If he wins this year, I will be much more impressed.

tommyrod74
01-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Two of those three courses were very similar. The fact that he won them is not all that dramatic. Except the flat course. That was cooler. If he wins this year, I will be much more impressed.

Not sure how, given that he didn't design the courses, he could have done something more impressive than winning... and it's not Ike he's shied away from courses that don't necessarily suit him.

bikinchris
01-20-2018, 04:45 PM
Not sure how, given that he didn't design the courses, he could have done something more impressive than winning... and it's not Ike he's shied away from courses that don't necessarily suit him.

I'm saying those courses were perfect for him. Just like the hilly stage of the Tour Down Under from yesterday. No one who can sprint could stay in the group except him. Cakewalk for Peter,

wildboar
01-20-2018, 05:12 PM
No one who can sprint could stay in the group except him. Cakewalk for Peter,

And no one who can climb could stay with him in the sprint. So he's just another rider, right?

Who cares about riding bike, who else on the protour can do some Van Damme workouts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D7lsFlOEuU

tommyrod74
01-20-2018, 05:15 PM
And no one who can climb could stay with him in the sprint. So he's just another rider, right?

Who cares about riding bike, who else on the protour can do some Van Damme workouts?

I know, right? So he's got a real shot to win any race with sufficient (but not crazy) climbs that ends in a sprint.

What a mediocre, run-of-the-mill racer :rolleyes:

jlwdm
01-20-2018, 06:11 PM
I take it you don't listen to Phil and Paul. They act like he is THE golden boy.

Why would i listen to Phil and Paul? They are clueless and have been forever. Your problem if you believe anything they say. They have also always been ridiculous fanboys of riders from any English speaking country.

Jeff

Frankwurst
01-20-2018, 07:02 PM

I may be wrong but I think Peter takes his conditioning seriously. This is probably so he can become not just another rider. Say what you will. He has Cojones.:beer: